Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which ECM should I use?

Electronic Ignition!
    K, first noob question, using 0D_TPV5_v250.xdf and BHMD 94 C-K Truck 5.0TBI 4l60e with 3.73 or 3.42 gears.bin in tuner pro. I need it to be manual, which I check marked in "flags". I also want VATS and EGR gone, what do I need for that? And thank you for helping, I am learning and trying not to be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrader View Post
    I can't believe I stumbled across this... I just picked up a 94 Cadillac deville with the 4.9 to drop in the 86 fiero that started off as a gambler 500 rig. I have the vehicles and an assortment of parts, including the intake manifold/tb/fuel rails off the Allante...
    This thread came up as I was trying to learn just how to and what's needed to program the chip.
    I'm planning on keeping the 4t60e trans from the caddy
    I'm also in Vancouver WA.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by P.O.L. Mafia View Post
    K, first noob question, using 0D_TPV5_v250.xdf and BHMD 94 C-K Truck 5.0TBI 4l60e with 3.73 or 3.42 gears.bin in tuner pro. I need it to be manual, which I check marked in "flags". I also want VATS and EGR gone, what do I need for that? And thank you for helping, I am learning and trying not to be a pain.
    There are a couple ways to disable EGR:
    Minimum Speed EGR On set to 255 MPH
    Minimum Temperature EGR on set to 151 Celsius ( about 304 degrees Fahrenheit)

No VATS on BHMD

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    There are a couple ways to disable EGR:
    Minimum Speed EGR On set to 255 MPH
    Minimum Temperature EGR on set to 151 Celsius ( about 304 degrees Fahrenheit)

No VATS on BHMD

dave w
    sweet, ty Sir, am I right by checking the manual trans will takeout the auto stuff? and thanks again for helping, very much appreciated!!

Setting the Manual Flag should disable automatic transmission. Perhaps there is a factory manual transmission .bin file to copy manual transmission parameters from?

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    I’ve modified the ECU by putting in solid wires in place of the resistors, modified the BIN by the excel spreadsheet and this is the change log

Edit Log for BHMD 94 C-K Truck 5.0TBI 4l60e with 3.73 or 3.42 gears.Bin created by TunerPro.
    Flag: Shift Light Enable changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: Single Pass EGR Test changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Charcoal Canister Purge changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Manual Transmission changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: Catalytic Converter Overheat Protection changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 32 EGR Failure changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 28 Transmission Pressure Manifold changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 58 Transmission Temperature High changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 59 Transmission Temperature Low changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 66 3 -> 2 Shift Solenoid Failure changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 81 2 -> 3 Shift Solenoid Failure changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 82 1 -> 2 Shift Solenoid Failure changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 86 2 -> 3 Shift Solenoid Stuck On changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: Code 86 2 -> 3 Shift Solenoid Stuck On changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Force 2nd Gear if in D2 and not Manual changed from Set to Not Set..
    Scalar: EGR Enable Startup Temperature changed from 11.8 C (0x45) to 151.3 C (0xFF).
    Scalar: Minimum Speed for EGR changed from 0.0 MPH (0x00) to 255.0 MPH (0xFF).
    Flag: Synchronous Fuel At Idle changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: CPI/PFI Mode changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: Crank Fuel All Injectors Each DRP changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: Use Async Short BPW Offset vs. BPW Table changed from Not Set to Set..
    Table: Upshift MPH vs. Shift changed.
    Flag: Torque Converter Clutch Only changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: A/C Clutch Control/Variable Manifold Tune Control changed from Not Set to Set..
    Flag: Code 73 Pressure Control Solenoid changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 79 Transmission Overheat changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Code 81 2 -> 3 Shift Solenoid Failure changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Filter 4WD Low Input changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Filter Cruise Control Input changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Filter A/C Input changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Filter Shifter Pattern Inputs changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: Filter Range Shifter Inputs changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: TCC Off for Cold Engine changed from Set to Not Set..
    Flag: TCC Off for Cold Transmission changed from Set to Not Set..
    Scalar: Temperature for EGR On changed from 70.3 C (0x93) to 151.3 C (0xFF).
    Scalar: Temperature for EGR Off changed from 44.8 C (0x71) to 151.3 C (0xFF).
    Scalar: RPM for EGR On changed from 850 RPM (0x22) to 6375 RPM (0xFF).
    Scalar: RPM for EGR Off changed from 800 RPM (0x20) to 6000 RPM (0xF0).
    Scalar: TPS for EGR On changed from 5.1 % TPS (0x0D) to 99.2 % TPS (0xFE).
    Scalar: TPS for EGR Off changed from 3.1 % TPS (0x08) to 98.0 % TPS (0xFB).
    Scalar: RPM to Enter Fuel Cut Off if Transmission Error changed from 3800 RPM (0x98) to 6375 RPM (0xFF).
    Scalar: RPM to Resume Fueling if Transmission Error changed from 3600 RPM (0x90) to 6375 RPM (0xFF).
    Scalar: MPH to Enter Fuel Cut Off changed from 98.0 MPH (0x62) to 120.0 MPH (0x78).
    Scalar: MPH to Resume Fueling changed from 95.0 MPH (0x5F) to 119.0 MPH (0x77).
    Scalar: RPM to Enter Fuel Cut Off changed from 4800 RPM (0xC0) to 5000 RPM (0xC8).
    Scalar: RPM to Resume Fueling changed from 4300 RPM (0xAC) to 4900 RPM (0xC4).
    Scalar: Minimum Async to Sync BPW changed from 701.9 uSec. (0x002E) to 1495.4 uSec. (0x0062).
    Scalar: Minimum Sync to Async BPW changed from 503.5 uSec. (0x0021) to 1297.0 uSec. (0x0055).
    Scalar: Async to Sync Fuel MAP Threshold changed from 51.7 Kpa (0x70) to 104.4 Kpa (0xFF).
    Scalar: Async to Sync Fuel RPM Threshold changed from 1250 RPM (0x32) to 6375 RPM (0xFF).
    Scalar: Sync to Async Fuel MAP Threshold changed from 57.6 Kpa (0x80) to 104.4 Kpa (0xFF).
    Scalar: Sync to Async Fuel RPM Threshold changed from 1350 RPM (0x36) to 6350 RPM (0xFE).
    Scalar: Maximum Async BPW changed from 12.0 msec. (0x0312) to 6.1 msec. (0x0190).
    Scalar: Minimum Async BPW changed from 503.5 uSec. (0x0021) to 1907.3 uSec. (0x007D).
    Scalar: Async Short BPW Offset Bias changed from 244.1 uSec. (0x0010) to 30.5 uSec. (0x0002).
    Table: Async Short BPW Offset vs. BPW changed.
    Table: Async Short BPW Offset vs. BPW changed.

Am I on track?

Electronic Ignition!
    So question, I just tried to pull the chip out of the holder and to my surprise, its soldered in? How do I get this thing apart to put it in the chip reader? Or is there a chip cradle that doesn’t have the chip soldered in?

Electronic Ignition!

The header will adapt the Memcal mounted chip to a chip reader / programmer like the Burn 2 ( http://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-programmer-p-197.html ) Unfortunately the Burn 2 Can Not program the original chip in the Memcal. The Bun 2 is only able to Read the original chip in the Memcal.

One option is to use a G1 adapter ( http://www.moates.net/g1-memory-adap...-etc-p-32.html ) and a chip ( http://www.moates.net/c2-sst-27sf512-chip-p-39.html ) that the Burn 2 can read and program.

Beginners Guide to both the Burn 1 and Burn 2 chip programmers ( http://support.moates.net/burn1/ )

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you Sir, very much appreciated!! Time to read more.

There is the option to erase and re-program the original memcal chip.

To erase the original memcal chip an Ultra Violet (UV) eraser is needed. Possibly one of the UV erasers available in this Ebay link ( https://www.ebay.com/bhp/eprom-eraser ) is big enough to hold the Memcal?

A chip programmer that is capable of re-programming the original memcal chip is required once the original Memcal chip has been erased. Possibly one the EPROM (actual name of the original memcal chip) programmers available in this Ebay link ( https://www.ebay.com/bhp/eprom-programmer-usb ) will be able to reprogram the original memcal chip.

The REAL CHALLENGE to programming any EPROM is knowing the correct programming voltage required to successfully reprogram the EPROM. Most low cost EPROM programmers do not have EPROM identification software like the BX32P BARLINO II: ( https://www.newark.com/batronix/bx32...C-GUSA-SKU-MDC )

Unfortunately the Memcal EPROM voltage programming information is on the bottom side of the EPROM

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    thank you again, I just ordered the g1 adaptor and a couple of chips. seems like the easiest way to do it. any way I could talk you out of the files you used on the 4.9 that you did?
    don't know if its legal on the board but I would be willing to pay for it while I learn to do this on my own. its like looking at a map with everything blacked out until you figure out the next piece then the next piece of the puzzle opens up.

thank you again, I just ordered the g1 adaptor and a couple of chips. seems like the easiest way to do it. any way I could talk you out of the files you used on the 4.9 that you did?
    don't know if its legal on the board but I would be willing to pay for it while I learn to do this on my own. its like looking at a map with everything blacked out until you figure out the next piece then the next piece of the puzzle opens up.
    Typically offers to do business between members are communicated using Private Messages ( PM's).

dave w