Thread: What should AE AFR’s be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Ok that makes sense that its more feel than number. but now im wondering about the 2 AE maps, one is a tps multiplier the other is a rpm multiplier. You say i wont really c it on the wide band so does that mean that the ae multiplier x rpm is only for the stab of throttle and not extra fuel added while the car is accelerating? I was thinking that the rpm multiplier would adjust fuel as long as the car was gaining speed and i would see the afr changes on the wide band. If I am wrong what do i adjust to make the car accelerate faster after the throttle stab? what should the wide band say as the car is gaining speed...lets say at half throttle?

Fuel Injected!
    AE is just used to get you into PE (Power Enrichment). The AE TPS is for the quick stab of the throttle, That is too quick for the MAP sensor to pick up. Then the MAP AE comes in, then PE depending on where you have it set at. The AFR value you asked about is for PE. Most like to say that AE is like a carbs pump shot, and that PE is like the secondaries opening on a 4 bbl carburetor.