Thread: What should AE AFR’s be?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Ok so the AE rpm is just the the first shot of fuel at specified rpm? I do see high 11 low 12 sometimes when i press the throttle but the AE tps is almost at the bottom or zero. Whether thats from AE i dont know, wide band is pretty close to the head probably 8-10 inches in a cross tube where the 4-2-1 header goes from 4 to 2, if that matters. i have the PE set at 87% throttle, PE spark at .70. I have sluggishness mostly if i stab throttle (rarely to 100%) trying to speed up in traffic, really sluggish if im getting on highway behind someone slow and try to pass them after getting on the highway. Light throttle seems ok and if I get a clear on ramp where I can run the rpms up in each gear (5speed manual) it pulls pretty good but if i have to get out of throttle at anytime and get back into it its BLAH! No backfires tho. I have messed with timing 100kpa 4000rpm- 7000 redline and its at a place where if i advance it looses power and lower timing it looses power. have mostly been playing with stop and go traffic feel lately, advancing timing between 50 and 80 kpa and adjusting fuel accordingly has made biggest difference not ae tho so thats why im asking about AE. But from what u r saying i should b adjusting PE? Trying to tune efi i feel like has made me second guess everything i thought i knew about cars so I hope this make sense!
    Last edited by BigBanks78; 08-10-2018 at 01:42 AM. Reason: forgot something