Thread: Conflicting information on 16147060 bin identification and correct mask

Carb and Points!

Conflicting information on 16147060 bin identification and correct mask

I believe this is my first time posting here. I have spent some time on thirdgen and ls1tech but in google searching I found more information regarding GM TBI swaps here so I joined. The project I am working on now is for my cousin, he has an engine (454) and trans (4L80E) with the computer (16147060) and wire harness that were out of a totaled truck, 91-93 (not sure of year). It’s going into a early 50s chevy pickup streetrod.

I read the stock bin and assuming that it would use the $85 mask or xdf, using tuner pro, none of the tables are populated. I tried all of the xdf files in the thread below and none would show any populated tables.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...erceeded-to-D8
    The xdf file works for other known bins that were found in that thread.

Now here is where it starts to get tricky. The chip in the gm EEPROM says DELCO 1748 and the blue cover has BCFZ 1808 printed on it. In searching for the correct xdf file, I found where several sources cited that the BCFZ bin is for a 4.3l v6 and 4l60E. My cousin says that there is absolutely no chance that the computer was mixed up.

Is this possible?

The mask searches come up empty for the BCFZ so I assume it’s not supported.

Is there a different way to figure out or confirm the actual bin name? and what mask I should use?

At this point, I really only want to disable vats/passkey, but in the future it would be nice to be able to log and tune. Should I start fresh with a know 454 4l80e eprom that has support?

Thanks for any help.

Fuel Injected!
    Can you post your bin file read here? You said it is a '7060 computer, does it show a broadcast code on the outside sticker? Also, from memory, I don't think the '7060 bbc files even had a vats option. I think that option started in '94 but even then it wasn't active.
    Last edited by In-Tech; 07-28-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Administrator
    Bithoist is a tool on this site that can identify some stock .bins. You can upload your file.
    If the code you're finding is on the blue cover it's possible the cover was swapped. Or it's possible that someone with some tuning tools used a V6 chip on a V8. Although this should produce a cylinder select error...

There are some 7060 / 7.4 calibrations that begin with B but the codes do not appear to go beyond BA--. AWBC is the only '7060 7.4 with BC in the BCC.

If you can post pictures of the ECM label and the chip w/ label we might be able to help. An original ECM/PCM would have a VIN number on the sticker which we might be able to decode. You can also use your tuning software to determine the correct mask ID for a definition file then look at the number of cylinders in the calibration to confirm the file is for a V6 or V8.

FWIW it can happen (although not often) that an OEM calibration does not appear in most of the OEM listings.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the replies. After a more exhaustive effort to find a mask for my bin, I finally went back to the original box I received the wire harness and computer in and found the correct memcal. It is BAMM and it does work with the $85 mask. I have no idea where I got the BCFZ prom.

And In-Tech I believe you are correct, It appears vats is not enabled.

Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Bowtie,

BAMM
    00000000 13A7 0A3E 661D 38F6 D801 9180 9200 000B ...>f.8.........
    That is the mask id.

It's been so long, I am not sure what all the differences are between the D8 and the 85 mask.

I've lost a lot of files through the years, hard drive failures and lack of organization, lol I did find a note that the BCFY,Z had an E6 mask for a 4.3L and is a 64k file and not a 32 kb file the 7060 uses. Hence if you can read all 64k and save, I would like a copy for my records. Most 64k files have the mask id at $4008.

Thanks,
    -Carl
    Last edited by In-Tech; 07-29-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Hi Bowtie,

BAMM
    00000000 13A7 0A3E 661D 38F6 D801 9180 9200 000B ...>f.8.........
    That is the mask id.

It's been so long, I am not sure what all the differences are between the D8 and the 85 mask.

I've lost a lot of files through the years, hard drive failures and lack of organization, lol I did find a note that the BCFY,Z had an E6 mask for a 4.3L and is a 64k file and not a 32 kb file the 7060 uses. Hence if you can read all 64k and save, I would like a copy for my records. Most 64k files have the mask id at $4008.

Thanks,
    -Carl
    I'm sure I can read it now and post it, now that I know what it is. That was my mistake mixing up the proms, I am honestly not sure where this v6 prom came from. It was with all my obd1 tuning stuff and I just accidentally swapped them.

From what I have read, the 85 mask has superseded the D8 mask. Anyway, 85 works. I am just finishing up with the harness now so hopefully I'll get to test it out soon.