Thread: 108 BLM vs 120's INT

Fuel Injected! TheApocalyptican's Avatar

108 BLM vs 120's INT

Trying to get everything in perfect shape before I start tuning. I've got a problem with 108 blms at idle, but the int never leaves the 120's. Anything above idle and the numbers seem to sync up well. Still am rich according to the blms at lower rpms tho. If I rev the engine, and let it return to idle the blms are good for like maybe 10 seconds before they drop and never come back up. I've got new map, new egr, nearly new o2, tps that tested good and was just adjusted, rebuilt tbi, and new fuel pump. Also tried adjusting the fpr down, and got no effect. Only thing left is I am thinking that maybe the injectors are the problem. One of them, I can barely see the cone, and the other I can see a little better. I am thinking the one I can see better maybe the problem, but it's definitely not dripping, it's just I can see the spray a bit easier. Ideas, or thoughts?

Fuel Injected!
    This is v8, not crossfire? Each of the injectors should deliver the same amount of fuel.

How much pressure are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by lightning-jr View Post
    This is v8, not crossfire? Each of the injectors should deliver the same amount of fuel.

How much pressure are you using?
    Forgot...350 TBI, 7747 computer. I am not positive the injectors are flowing different amounts. Just that I could see the one better. Going to try looking again when it's dark, so I can verify that daylight isn't the reason I can see the one better.

I've got my fpr set for 12 psi right now. Had it at 13. Brought it back down to test if that would make a difference.
    Last edited by TheApocalyptican; 04-06-2012 at 02:42 AM.

If the gauge is accurate leave it at 13 psi. Is motor stock? Any codes? Do you have a data log?

If you have a timing light it really helps show the spray pattern and both should be the same. If they end up really differant you could probably tell by pulling plugs and one side will be lean and other rich.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Was planning on putting it back to 13psi...just dropped it down in an attempt to see if it effected the blms at all. Hard to remember to include all the info.....Stock motor, just a bigger exhaust with 1 cat and single in dual out muffler, and a dual intake hose air cleaner. Only code was from egr, which is now new and working. I've got several logs....all from winaldl to this point.
    Just replaced all the plugs last weekend and didn't see any difference in the old ones. In fact there was very little sooty appearance on them at all.