Thread: Changing generation of injectors but with similar pph.

Fuel Injected!

Changing generation of injectors but with similar pph.

Broke a Bosch gen3 737 36(34)pph injector and decided to replace with new gen4 36pph injectors from FIC. Using the voltage offsets from FIC the truck will not start, using old offsets from 737 the truck runs ok (needs obvious tune but starts great). I anticipated a closer tune by changing injectors and find it hard to believe they could be so different. Similar experience out there, I figured polish up the tune- not square one?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello dfarr,
    I find it very uncommon these days to have reliable information. I don't necessarily blame the suppliers as much since it doesn't matter. The suck is it might be lazy at low offset and once the injector is pretty active(flow wise) at higher PW it can flow more. The only way to truly know if you are wanting to compare injectors is to have a flow bench and check them at at least every ms. Most "real" Bosch injectors at around your lb per hr are pretty comparable.

So, the suck is, it sounds as if you will have to change the offsets to correct the "laziness" at low PW and then blend the fuel tables from there. Hope that helps.

Fuel Injected!
    Capturegen4.jpgIMG_2736.jpgBosch36Gen4.JPGWell, I guess they call them a gen4 for a reason- very different injector. Was thinking that since the difference is so great I'll take maybe four steps and do Ve learns and close in on the new offsets and see what sorts out. The Bosch part numbers were defaced on all injectors so don't even have that.
    Last edited by dfarr67; 07-17-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Getting her running OK- but I would have bought one replacement complete remap.