Thread: BLMs say rich, but WBO2 and NBO2 and surging all say lean - what gives?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Oh golly. Still more surging. Very light throttle cruise.

This was also an inspirational read: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...int-delay.html

Looking at datalogs I could see the mix slowly drift rich, then slowly drift lean, then slowly drift rich, as if it was looking for results before the changes actually got there, just like the article says.

In testing, I put the Proportional Gains and INT Delay O2 Error Multiplier back to stock, but added 25% to the INT Delay Base. My O2 is AFTER the collector of long-tube headers.

Massive surging right into closed loop.

So I looked at the line graph of the O2 Prop's and INT Error again, but since I wasn't sure exactly what part of the graph was light throttle cruise at 2000-2400rpm, 30kPa, I just picked a low number and made them ALL that, both.

Much better. Then I added another 25% to the INT Delay Base, no other changes. Even mucher better.

Also added back some spark timing I had taken out chasing this. It was feeling more and more lazy as I took spark out.

As far as I think I understand, if the O2 is reader farther than it ought, the INT Delay O2 Error Multiplier alters the INT Delay Base by its multiplier to shorten its delay time?

I don't have to pass emissions, and I don't have to feed cats, so I'm not sure if it matters if I get this perfect or not, but it sure runs a whole lot better than before. More mucking around, but I feel like I'm on the right track.

One issue I want to try is I've had the P/N wire grounded so the ECU thinks I'm parked. I may disconnect it so the ECU can try and control idle in closed loop. As it is, it's not a consistent idle speed when I am actually IN park (the IAC seems overly active; I have no actual P/N switch).
    Attached Images Attached Images