Thread: LS1 Miata

Carb and Points!

LS1 Miata

Hello. My LS1 Miata is a bit sick lately and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. Its been running for 8 years without an issue, but recently the MAF sensor wires cam in contact with the power steering belt and threw a code. It was running with the wires repaired and quit after I cleared the code and hasn't started since. It briefly starts and fires for about a second and quits like the VAT. VAT is disabled and there are no codes to give a clue.

Administrator
    Hello,

Are any of the MAF wires common to any of the other sensors as well? Are you able to scan the pcm for data? Maybe another sensor isn't providing a signal?

Fuel Injected!
    Replace the MAF, it got smacked.

Carb and Points!
    I have one order. It will be a week before it arrives

Carb and Points!
    not that I know of. A standard LS1/12200411 wiring harness. No codes and its not running so realtime data. It was running at the time I cleared the codes, it coughed backfired then stalled and hasn't started since
    Last edited by lcreech; 07-10-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    If you are sure the wiring has been fixed, unplug the MAF so it set's the MAF code and then it will be running on SD which is why it ran till you cleared the code. Again, if wiring is good and you have 12v going to the MAF(I want to say the MAF has a fuse), that is an easy test.

Carb and Points!
    I got it working. I replaced the MAF, that didn't work. I turned out to be the tune. I had had a shop some years ago dyno'd it and put a custom tune on it. That tune now appears to be broken. I put my original one back in from when I built it and it fired right up.

Carb and Points!
    Although it was running, it was still throwing a P0102 code and a couple of heated O2 sensor codes. Found the cause to be a blown fuse. It had no 12 volts going to the MAF.