Thread: 2 bar tune for Turbo LT1 F-body possible with '93 ECM? DA3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Update:
    spent most of today trying to figure this out. Still nothing.
    The odd thing is: the first time it failed to run, it did start for just a brief couple seconds before shutting down, then won't do much. Get a pop once in a while.
    Used the GM service manual to check a few things.
    FUEL:
    fuel pressure when key is on is 50psi, little high, but that's probably because of the 340lph pump in the tank and stock 5/16" return line.
    Have 12 volts at the injector connectors, fuses OK. Also noted blinking test light while cranking, so that system I would say appears to be functioning. Also still think it smells like raw fuel after cranking.
    Thought perhaps it was flooded like I said before, but you can't floor it to clear it out, or pull the inj. fuses to clear it either. I pulled a couple plugs as well, and they weren't really wet with fuel, and no fuel poured out of the cylidner or anything.

SPARK:
    Using the Scan9495 program, I can see that the opti appears to be giving signals to the ECM.
    I checked spark at #2 with a inline spark tester, and can see some light there, so it also appears to be functioning.

Tunes:
    I tried the old 1 bar tune that worked well, along with a change to proper injector flow. Still nothing
    Tried the old 2 bar tune that worked well, etc., still nothing.

The only thing I can think of is it's in the opti somehow. Not triggering the ECM at the proper time or something. Odd that it would just fail all at once?? Per the scan program it appears to work?

I'm not sure what else to try. The injectors are new in the equation, as is the fuel pump. I can't see how the pump is doing all this. If the injectors decided to all leak or something I guess that could do it? I haven't run the car long at all with the Siemens 60's, but I did drive it for at least 10-15 minutes yesterday morning. So the tune / values etc. were working. A/F wasn't way out of whack either.

UPdate: Swapped in the old 32lb injectors, and known good tune from before, which again produces the same results. ALmost like a carb'd motor that's got the dist. a couple teeth off. Maybe get a partial puff about once per 2 revolutions or so. Not much happening. ALso tried second ECM again, same results there too.
    Last edited by hotrodf1; 09-30-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    J. Moen
    91 Camaro - NASA American Iron Road Racer #91 "The Menace", carb'd 350, FloTek heads, "because racecar"
    91 Camaro RS - '93 LT1 /T56 swap, 224/224, 60lb Siemens, garage ported heads, VS racing 78/75 turbo, Intercooled