Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tan/Black wire 16197427 PCM - 1994 Chevy Timing/Tcc?

Fuel Injected!
    Hmmm- thanks for this input.

I can verify now that if I go back to a stock MEMCAL- the line does not pulse. Of course my 454 doesn't run so well on a stock 350 MEMCAL... put the TCC line doesnt pulse!

One question maybe you guys know... if by chance my MEMCAL has code from a truck that had a PWM TCC setup- like a 95 or 96 (mine is a 94)... do you know if that code would pulse the grey/black TCC lockup wire or was it only supposed to add pulsing (PWM) to the PWM TCC wire. My harness does not even contain a wire for the PWM TCC line... but I am wondering if somehow the guy who did my tune may have started with a 95 (PWM TCC) baseline...

I did a tunerpro compare of my purchased tune against an original bin that does not pulse... and I didnt see anything transmission wise that jumped out at me... for example... the TCC PWM bits were all set the same... so this comment about corrupted code etc... is sort of interesting to me!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinvinv View Post
    Hmmm- thanks for this input.

I can verify now that if I go back to a stock MEMCAL- the line does not pulse. Of course my 454 doesn't run so well on a stock 350 MEMCAL... put the TCC line doesnt pulse!

I did a tunerpro compare of my purchased tune against an original bin that does not pulse... and I didnt see anything transmission wise that jumped out at me... for example... the TCC PWM bits were all set the same... so this comment about corrupted code etc... is sort of interesting to me!
    Did you look with the difference tool in tuner pro? I have at times, found the numbers will look the same in tuner pro but the difference tool will flag differences as the base code is different. I have no idea why the numbers still show the same when the base code is different. Maybe someone will explain that to us both. If you paid for a tune and its not working, is it time to call the person you paid?

Fuel Injected!
    My two bits has been start with a bin that matches your transmission and tune the motor to what you need. Awhile back was involved with a 454/4l60e and that worked well. Also have played with lockup and in the early days found that changing without paying attention used to get unwanted tcc cycling. If you start changing speeds for instance, you need to change a lot of the table so you don't violate any of the built in hysteresis .
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF