Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
The LT1 cam is plenty mild. I ran one on a stock tune for close to a year in my G20 van without issues. Ran well on the stock van ECM even better on a 1993 Cop Car ECM. If you have the clearance seal to retainer a set of 1.6:1 full roller rockers can be used. Just make sure to drill the pushrod holes to 1/2". LT1 manifolds are also easy to adapt. Just need to get an EGR block off plate and drill the manifold flange to match your older heads. I used a Vortec 350 exhaust manifold gasket as a guide to properly drill the holes needed in both manifolds. The LT1 exhaust should also bolt right on if you pickup the dual exhaust crossmember. You did not say what uear your Caprice us but using the truck intake manifold can present a problem when you fit the distributor if your car is a whale body. I would use a 1995 S10 4.3 CPI torque converter. Should give you a brake stall speed around 2,500 rpm. I would also get a Sonnax replacement governor for a 1990 L98 TPI Corvette. Will put your shifts in the 5,000-5,200 rpm range at WOT opposed to the 4,000 rpm shifts of the stock TBI governor. Your part throttle shifts will also be at a higher rpm to better match the cam and converter. A low rise single plane intake like an Edelbrock Torquer 2 would be a better intake than an OEM truck intake if you are able to eliminate the EGR with your smog testing. They also made a number of single plane smog intakes in the past that could be used if you can find one on Ebay or the like.
This design is a bit unorthodox but worked well and has EGR provisions. Would run great with a big block TBi on an adapter.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Holley-Street...wAAOSwdIFbFrPv