Thread: Gm Seed key algorithms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Smile Gm Seed key algorithms

This was posted elsewhere, sharing here. Judging by the source I would not doubt its authenticity.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Great find. It does save me a lot of work, reinventing the wheel.

Too bad Gm changed the algorithm recently.

Now it is time to make a chart with the PCM hardware id and OS/engine RPO vs algorithm number.

Administrator
    This was posted elsewhere, sharing here. Judging by the source I would not doubt its authenticity.
    Thank you for sharing. However, I saw nothing in the document to indicate it's source.

Now it is time to make a chart with the PCM hardware id and OS/engine RPO vs algorithm number.
    What a neat idea.
    I am interested in seed / key algo for a BCM. Does it follow the same format as the PCM routine posted earlier?

Fuel Injected!

Fuel Injected!
    Hi, New just now to this site and have a question... I am very interested in the seed/key algorithm. I began to write a program to do an automatic decode. The line "• 0x2A = Complement – if HH>LL use 2’s complement, else use 1’s complement" agrees with what I have done, but later in the document the line "Thus, given the seed 0x1234: a) ~0x1234 = 0xEDCB b) 0xEDCB ROR 3 = 0x7DB9 c) 0x7DB9 " shows him using a 1s complement. I believe the calculation is off. Hope this thread is still active.
    Also wonder if a '97 Camaro 5.7 would be covered by one of the algorithms. If yes which of the 256. I have worked out where the seed and key is stored in the internal HC11 EEPROM. Just need to find a way to access it.

Hope there is still interest in a key gen...

Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
    Also wonder if a '97 Camaro 5.7 would be covered by one of the algorithms.
    Tom
    It is number $05. It should be stored at $e00 address. You can communicate with both sides of the pcm to extract more data. Tside id is $10, Eside id is $18

It is always good to have more tools available. If you need some other pcm algo number, I can dig it out for you.