Thread: $85 / $D8 With Manual Trans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

$85 / $D8 With Manual Trans

I'm wanting to convert a $85 / $D8 .bin file to Manual Trans.

I've looked at the "HAC", see attached screen shot. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-85

It looks like to me that changing HEX address L800D from 00 to 01 will change TCC to Manual. Am I correct?

Any additional thoughts or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
    dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dave, I haven't looked at that mask, but IIRC when do getting an auto bin to manual, there are a couple of other things that need addressing. One of them is when stepping on clutch to slow to a stop, and I cannot remember the second item, I would look at a manual bin
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Administrator
    It looks like to me that changing HEX address L800D from 00 to 01 will change TCC to Manual. Am I correct?
    Yes, it looks like that is the primary "manual transmission" option flag. Changing this will enable shift light tables and disable TCC apply tables and may enable or disable other options.

Other conditions that are likely to require extra attention are deceleration, deceleration to idle transition as Jim pointed out, rpm drop between shifts, closed to open throttle transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Dave, I haven't looked at that mask, but IIRC when do getting an auto bin to manual, there are a couple of other things that need addressing. One of them is when stepping on clutch to slow to a stop, and I cannot remember the second item, I would look at a manual bin
    I have not been able to find a $85 / $D8 manual .bin file.

We are using a VSS and the TCC brake switch input.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Did you ever come across $85 / $D8 for a manual bin?? I guess that's the reason why when I try to check a manual bin.. it doesn't give me anything. I didn't realize there are XDF's for Auto & Manual... Guess that's where I'm going to run into trouble when I switch my truck to manual... from auto..?? I'm going to try a manual bin (even though I may not be able to see the parameters).. just to see if the truck will run and drive. I have read a lengthy thread with a ton of useful info.. maybe I missed something... it pertained to PCM '7060 running a 454 and superseded masks any insight would be greatly appreciated

I ended up purchasing a $D8 definition file from TunerCats to set Manual Transmission: http://www.tunercat.com/

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks Dave.. appreciate it.. not much I can do just yet.. until I receive the 5spd and install it.. but at least I'll be ahead of the game getting this straightened out before hand

Darin

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I ended up purchasing a $D8 definition file from TunerCats to set Manual Transmission: http://www.tunercat.com/

dave w
    Just curious, I have 7 GMT400 trucks ranging from 88-96, because I have a 94 pcm 16196395 (actually 2) Is it possible to use this pcm over the original '7060 from my 93 and use all associated bin, xdf & adx files?? It would certainly make things a bit easier... if it's just plug n play.... TIA....