Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.7 tbi - larger cam tune advice needed

Fuel Injected!
    stock injector-stock pump- will check pressure later today--- this seems to just happen at wide open throttle-- if I open it up easy part throttle it revs right up to 5000

Fuel Injected!
    Sound like you are leaning out at top, try and go rich on all the top VE area 20% at a time, if you still lean your maxing out the injector.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks for all the help ,,, it does act like that,, lean on top ----
    yet the spark concerns me ---
    some times it acts like its sparking too advanced,,, sometimes it acts like its wot- popping in the exhaust ????
    ive been making too little adjustments-- or too big !!!!--- gotta be a better starting point.... I will try to hook up data logging and see if I can get that working !!!!---

Fuel Injected!
    Should've mentioned this before you started to mess with your VE...

Your injector size as stated here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ident%2A+color

BPW calculated here:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...BPW-Calculator

Set your BPW accordingly in the scalars...however I have a feeling your 305 injectors will not be up to the task.

Fuel Injected!
    cool-thanks,,, I'm going to track down some larger injectors--- and start fresh !!!

Fuel Injected!
    just got some 5.7 truck injectors--- the 35206 #s 61 pph -- and gave the regulator a few spins tighter--- about half way down on the adjuster --- has anyone seen any other 5.7 bins besides the anlu ?? thanks-- steve

Fuel Injected!
    For your ECM, ANLU is probably the most mild "wild" tune you're gonna get compared to the stock L03/L05. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page, smallest being L03/L05 cam specs, with the other 3 being LB9/L98 and not sure which one the ANLU uses. Spark tables usually dictated by the heads you're using, with that said what heads are you using. You can copy and paste spark tables from other bins that you know uses the same heads you have. Make sure you're using correct xdf for the bin you're looking at and pay attention to the tables being the same when you cut and paste.

Fuel Injected!
    much thanks---I started fresh again,,, with the bigger injectors-----
    i've been workin' this bin over like a mad man !!!!
    actually have the spark and fuel smoothed out a bit-- seems tons better--- but back to rich at idle---
    so I think I'm close !!!--- this engine is a temp engine until my other is rebuilt,,,
    its an old school .030 over 350,,,10.5 to 1---forged pistons---
    with the good 1969 1.94 iron heads that have had some work ( cant remember the #'s)
    had to add accessory mount holes------ z28 springs to match the cam I used,,,,
    used the stock tbi intake-- elongated the center mounting holes--- (because my tbi adapter for old school intakes didn't show up-frkkin ebay ))
    so its a Frankenstein to say the least--- just has to run for the beginning of drag season--- which is now here !!!!!
    looks like rainout this weekend so hopefully I have more time on this !!!!!
    rock-on and thanks for all the help !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdads View Post
    stock injector-stock pump- will check pressure later today
    My stock pump would only put a few psi more than stock operating pressure when dead headed, so I upgraded to a big block pump. I think the tbi stickies recommend an upgraded pump and fuel pressure gauge to verify, before you even start tuning. Its to keep you from chasing your tail tuning wise.

Fuel Injected!
    fuel tables on the anlu bin seemed to be way out of whack--- I smoothed everything,, and leaned out the low rpm ranges---fed it some more around 2500 on up to 5500--- feels good so far,,, now will start trying to log when im at the track--- rock-on !!!