I am as green to this as a newly sprouted grass seed.

I came across Tuner Pro as well as this site through a google search.

Is this software what I am looking for? I have an 88 wrangler that was converted over to TBI and from what I have figured
out they robbed an S-10 of it's TBI and wiring harness and in doing so I would imagine that they also took its computer as
well. Currently there is an amber light under dash that comes on when you turn ignition key. It will blink off for just a second
and when it comes back on that is when you hit the starter button. Yes, a push button for some reason. I also noticed there
is a plug/port under the light which is where I presume you would plug in a tuner. If it does not crank and idle when you first push
the button then you have to hold down the gas pedal to crank it which in turn causes engine to sputter cause it is flooded and after
say about 5 seconds it straightens out.

Is this software something I can use on my laptop as long as I have a cord to link laptop to plug under light to program the fuel and air
mixture to get this thing running better? The guy who used to own it prior to the one I purchased it from said he was getting 15 to 16 mpg
best I can get is 9.5 mpg and seems like it is dumping a lot of extra fuel into throttle body.
Thanks