Thread: She went Boom !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i put pre assembled heads on my first build that i tuned, i will never trust something i did not do again. bent and snapped off a valve that powdered a piston, busted cam into 6 pieces, powdered a second pistion, turned two pistons into chunks and broke 4 connecting rods and split my block an eighth inch by 4 inches long. i did floor it and thats y it got so bad but it got me across 4 lanes to the shoulder before the end.

My point here is its prolly not your tune, but the quality of parts these days is just terrible. no one cares anymore. it was prolly some mal-inspected part. I am inside my head freaking out on every drive until i've put over 500 miles on a part.

but headaches are headaches...

Fuel Injected!
    Of course the engine guy is going to blame the rookie Tuner.. he did offer to fix it however. But my thought is it's just going to happen again to another cylinder. 3 grand wasted...

Fuel Injected!
    On that subject kind of. I saw a video on YT from a guy that bought pre-assembled heads, he was shining a flashlight int eh port and you could see light on the cc side..too funny