Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to GearHead EFI Looking for a little help with Bin File

Fuel Injected!
    That is embarassing. Since my Laptop with Tunerpro is at my shop. What does the PE adder table look like?

Also just have to put this out there, but I feel I am about the only person hat inverts their columns on Tunerpro so they look right with the lower RPM on the bottem.

Fuel Injected!

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, I am new to TunerPro. So, it will take me a couple days to figure it out. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by only_1 View Post
    Yeah, I am new to TunerPro. So, it will take me a couple days to figure it out. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help!
    No worries. I should have specified. PE spark advance modifier vs RPM not PE Knock Retard.

Fuel Injected!
    I think I posted the advance one first. It is set to all 0's.

Fuel Injected!
    I somehow missed that post entirely. My appologies.

First you need to turn up the fuel. Once you get it enough to drink, its time for some timing

I would increase your fuel delivery substantially. I tuned a truck with the same cam you have and iron 217 marine aka 083 TPI heads and had to run the 61# injectors at 20 psi to feed it.

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Fast,
    In your spark table screen shot what does the Equivalence Ratio refer to?

Fuel Injected!
    I was just wondering the same. Spent some time looking at available parameters I can modify with TunerPro last night. I didn't get through all of them yet. Just too much to calculate/change.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    Hi Fast,
    In your spark table screen shot what does the Equivalence Ratio refer to?

Air/Fuel ratio

The PE spark adder in a factory black box Vortec PCM is based off of Air/Fuel ratio and RPM.

Soichiometric /Equuivalence ratio =Commanded Air/Fuel ratio

14.1/1.2 = 11.75:1 and 14.1/1.15 = 12.25:1

Fuel Injected!
    As I was going through the tune I modified the timing table as suggested. I do have a question. I updated tune for the 100 lb injector rate. I also updated the displacement value for the engine. I calculated what BPW needs to be with the new flow rate and engine size. I entered the new BPW in the tune in the cold start parameters. I am curious why I need to enter a BPW when I'd think the computer would calculate this based on injector size and displacement?
    Is the cold start BPW its own value so that a program can increase fuel at startup?
    I think the factory has it set to some value near 134 with 61 lb injectors. My calculated value with 101 lb injectors is closer to 82.

Fuel Injected!
    Some of the pcms that I’ve poked around in, I’ve noticed that there were redundant items in the scalers. I.e. gms/sec and inj lbs/hr. Well i say redundant being if you open each one press F2 the line address and the bit value were the same, so you’re not wrong in asking of BPW, displacement and injector size.

Fuel Injected!
    So I have been messing around with data logging today and trying to get the truck to run better. Each change seems to improve it, but I am still not where I need to be. I am getting a surging. Happens at idle and holding a constant speed. But under throttle it seems to do ok. The surging has crazy swings on the AF Ratio, more toward the lean side. Bouncing between 12 and 18+. BLM is showing they are slightly off like 140 range so each time I have gone out. I have updated tunes with these small changes, but the surge is not improving.
    Any thoughts on what I am missing?
    Is it just still too lean?

Fuel Injected!
    The hunting is bad enough that it triggers acceleration enrichment when idling. The other weird thing is that during logging, it shows that its at stable idle condition True, for all rpm. Why/how is the stable idle condition met at 2400 rpm?
    Last edited by only_1; 05-21-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I also have a 94 Blazer... I put a 454 in it a couple years ago- TBI. So just saying hi :) I am enjoying hearing about your progress and learning in the process.

Fuel Injected!
    I love the truck. Its a nice old original with a new heart. I just need to get it pumping to the right beat I guess.