Thread: how to accurately test ECM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I used a new distributor, cap, rotor, new wires, and plugs. Originally thought it was low fuel issue...new gas tank and fuel
    Sender as well.. I installed new high flow fuel pump with new relay and measured 11 pounds with a tee fitting behind the tbi at idle.. I also did TB rebuild and o-ring kit and cleaned out injectors. I do not have a gauge to measure during load..I have not done leak down. I have 5500 miles on this new engine. The truck was running great for a while and then this symptom came up.. it is random and intermittent... it does not send any new error codes with the poor acceleration and bogging out? I can connect to tuner pro and watch diagnostics while trucknis running and I am also able to get a 12 when I switch attempt to read codes... this is why I am skeptical of the ECM being faulty.. I do not have a second ECM to swap.

Fuel Injected!
    Two years and 5500miles on new engine

Had heavy acceleration problem with one of my Explorers. Turned out to be the inline fuel filter. Could yours be that simple?
    Bob
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!

Fuel Injected!
    I installed a brand ne filter as well.. I was hoping it would be something simple but it is turning out to be a phantom