Bringing TBI and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.     EFI Conversions and Tuning! Seattle to Portland! E-mail Tuning Consultant!
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526

Thread: Uber-easy DIY USB ALDL Cable

Carb and Points!
    I am working on creating my own ALDL USB cable for my ZR-1. I bought a FTDI USB cable off Ebay and a 12 pin to 16 pin convertor cable. I cut that in half and am trying to hook up the FTDI USB cable to the 12 connector. Issue I see thus far is the 12 PIN connector cable only has 4 wires. They are BROWN, RED, ORANGE, YELLOW.Does anyone have any idea what wire is ground?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by billymild View Post
    I am working on creating my own ALDL USB cable for my ZR-1. I bought a FTDI USB cable off Ebay and a 12 pin to 16 pin convertor cable. I cut that in half and am trying to hook up the FTDI USB cable to the 12 connector. Issue I see thus far is the 12 PIN connector cable only has 4 wires. They are BROWN, RED, ORANGE, YELLOW.Does anyone have any idea what wire is ground?
    you can check it with multitester right?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by simon blazer View Post
    you can check it with multitester right?
    I found this picture which helped out a ton.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!

no talk to ECU

Hi guys, I've made 4 type of ALDL obd1 cable :

1. with RS232 to TTL, Tx and Rx tied together on the TTL side, and connect into pin 9 (ALDL 16pin), cable found and functioning, passed cable test, but still cannot talk to ECU.

2. with TTL to USB adapter (FTDI chip), Tx and Rx tied together on the TTL side, and connect into pin 9 (ALDL 16pin), cable found and functioning, passed cable test, but still cannot talk to ECU.

3. Built 2 transistor interface, no cable found, no talk to ECU
    4, Built 1 transistor interface, no cable found, no talk to ECU

It's seems tha my ECU not listening to them, but it's talk happily to GM tech 1 scanner for sure.

What else I can do to make ECU talk to me? thanks for help.

arduino_rs232.jpg

Best,
    Simon
    Last edited by simon blazer; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:14 AM.