Got my resistors and diodes a couple days ago, added them into my harness and still no luck, although I don't think that's where my issue lies right now. It still appears to function fine when plugged into the diagnostic port on the car, but completely stops functioning when plugged into either laptop. It also fails the cable test from tunerpro rt (when not plugged into the car of course) which is new, and datamaster says it can recognize it, but that the pcm is unrecognized. That's the first I've seen that response from datamaster, whereas before it would connect to the pcm, but was unable to maintain a connection and was possibly receiving some erroneous data.

I've been in touch with the seller, based on what I've described they've decided that it may be defective and will refund my money, after which I'll buy another one and try again. At least the weather has been crappy, the only reason I was so impatient to get this working was due to some nice weather a couple weeks ago. Wanted to start doing some tuning so I could move move forward with other mods that would require it. But when the weather sucks, I have little interest in being outside working on a car if I don't have to. Here's hoping I have better luck next week.