Thread: Hi

Carb and Points!

Hi

Hello all. I'm here to learn a bit about tuning. I'm another one of those guys who did all his tuning with jets and points. I am computer savvy, but my programming experiences are PLC based, not PCM.

What brought me to decide to learn tuning is a teenager. Poor little fella wants his v-6 camaro to go faster, so I'm going to help him with some mods. His budget will determine what mods we go with, and I have about a month and a half before we start the project. So, I have some research to do, and look forward to finally taking the EFI plunge.

Fuel Injected!
    what tuning equip. have you got so far? hows the progress?

Carb and Points!
    I have a laptop with Tunerpro RT, Scan9394, and Winflash. Connecting with a diy ALDL cable.

The victim will be a 94 camaro with 3.4l engine.

As of now, there is no progress. I am working 7/12's for the next 5 weeks, and I'm taking this time to research and learn as much as I can. The budget is out of my control, so I don't know how much he is going to want to build this engine. I've proposed everything from a basic rebuild with a Comp 260 cam and ported heads with long tube headers, to a more extreme build with 3400 aluminum heads and intake with the same 260 cam, and 9.5:1 compression.