Thread: Fueling (BPW) and Vortec Spark Table

Fuel Injected!

Fueling (BPW) and Vortec Spark Table

Question really has to do with my VE table.

I have noticed using the VE calculator by Dave W. and EagleMark that I am getting values over 100 for several cells and then in the actual BIN file the cells are limited to 99.6. IIRC, I read at one point that a way to fix this was to increase the BPW to accommodate the fueling requirements.

My BLMs are all okay while driving so I don't think it is an issue per se, but I would like to be sure, come May I am dropping in a stock L31-R HD longblock and want to make sure I can nail the fuel for it when the time comes.

For all those running Vortec Heads, have you found that a spark table from a stock vortec was adequate with some fine adjustments needed? If so, did you get the spark table from the express vans with a TBI vortec (IIRC $63 Mask)?

Just want to make sure I am on the up and up on this before dropping in a new engine.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by bgott View Post
    Question really has to do with my VE table.

I have noticed using the VE calculator by Dave W. and EagleMark that I am getting values over 100 for several cells and then in the actual BIN file the cells are limited to 99.6. IIRC, I read at one point that a way to fix this was to increase the BPW to accommodate the fueling requirements.

My BLMs are all okay while driving so I don't think it is an issue per se, but I would like to be sure, come May I am dropping in a stock L31-R HD longblock and want to make sure I can nail the fuel for it when the time comes.

For all those running Vortec Heads, have you found that a spark table from a stock vortec was adequate with some fine adjustments needed? If so, did you get the spark table from the express vans with a TBI vortec (IIRC $63 Mask)?

Just want to make sure I am on the up and up on this before dropping in a new engine.
    I don't use the stock Vortec spark map on a stock vortec. I have one that works very well in everything I have used it in. Posted it in previous threads. Stock Vortec spark map only gives about 22-24* of timing. I find even a stock cam engine likes being in the 29-31* range and they like substantially more timing below 2,800 rpm than the stock table gives.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I don't use the stock Vortec spark map on a stock vortec. I have one that works very well in everything I have used it in. Posted it in previous threads. Stock Vortec spark map only gives about 22-24* of timing. I find even a stock cam engine likes being in the 29-31* range and they like substantially more timing below 2,800 rpm than the stock table gives.
    Fast I think I have found where you may have posted the images previously but the images are down from whatever host you uploaded them to. (this link http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...hlight=Fast355)

Any chance you still have those images or could send me a sample timing table?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by bgott View Post
    Fast I think I have found where you may have posted the images previously but the images are down from whatever host you uploaded them to. (this link http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...hlight=Fast355)

Any chance you still have those images or could send me a sample timing table?
    I'll add too that I have since found this post http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ec+spark+table

But, if indeed you have seen better results with more aggressive timing I am curious to compare your table with the stock table.