Thread: first timer learning the basics

Carb and Points!

first timer learning the basics

ok guys go easy on me its my first post and I am having a few problems I can seem to find answers for in the threads, just starting out and was trying to get the blm numbers up on the dashboard on the tunerpro rt, cant seem to find out where it is, I found where you can change the views on the dashboard but was wanting to watch those numbers as I drive if it is possible, the other thing I was having problems with is I am not sure if I am recording any data when I hit record. I would like to save files to look at after driving and wasn't sure how to do this part of things. I am working on my 1993 5.7 C1500 that I made a lot of engine modifications over the winter with the 16168625 ecm and using the $e6 tp5 v250 xdf file with the a204 e6 trans v250 mask. not even sure if all that is right. I did get the aldl cable connected and working with the tunerpro software and do have the dashboard with data coming in from the ecu just a little uncertain about how to proceed from here. thanks in advance for any help loving this sitye and all the knowledge that comes with it great site for sure

Fuel Injected!
    The adx file your using is for tuning the trans. Look back at the $E6 file page and get A201 tp5 v250. That's the one you want for data logging engine parameters. Just remember the xdf file is for viewing the bin and making changes to the bin file on the chip. The adx file is for data logging and viewing what's going on with your engine or trans depending which file is loaded with TP.

Carb and Points!
    thank you, did do some more reading on the forum and got the right adx. file. the dash is looking like I think I need it now. has the blm,intergrator, and other gauges. Takes a lot of learning time to find and figure out everything. I did some data logging and and the blm number were running mostly in the 140 150, thru most of the rpm range with some upper rpm numbers I the 160s. just a quick question, 127 being ideal and anything above being lean and numbers below are rich right. Like I said just starting out with all this and have rally enjoyed the whole process. Thanks again for the help