Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
the problem is the timing it takes to silence the CCM module, which is the bus master on that particular car. as soon as you have power to it, the CCM and ECM both start blabbing away with useless information on the bus. the program needs to find a section of silence on that serial line (which has transmit and recieve on the same wire) long enough to throw out the necessary command, and complete sending it before more bus chatter happens.

what ADX are you using?

with tunerpro, the ADX isn't exactly smart enough to get the timing right, as far as I know, 'disconnecting and reconnecting' a few times usually does the trick, sometimes it might take a few tries.

of course i have to recommend eehack too, it's logging/analysis/graphing are purpose built for lt1 tuning and diagnosis.

it has a corvette-specific connection mode that apparently works well.. i didn't write the routine myself, someone with a corvette wrote it for me... it's been fairly well tested now. definitely give it a shot
Hi Steveo,
I've been reading tons of threads on eehack, and I'm getting ready to try it out in my '95 Vette. I've used TunerProRT in the past to get my 78 Jeep CJ7 ('88 5.7L Tune Port) datalogged so I could get a tune put on it (long story). So I have a very limited knowledge with using this type of equipment. I have a cheap laptop with XP and just enough processing power for the minimum requirements. I have a Moates (ALDU1 and CABL2) cable as well. My quick question is whether I have the right files to load. I have:

eehack 4.7
EE_16212471.bin
EEX.XDF
$EE-16188051-V3.8.adx

My car is a 95 LTI, automatic, 3.07 rear, shorty headers, Magnaflow Cat Back 3" exhaust. The rest is stock. I'm waiting for a new battery for the laptop, so I won't need a 5 mile long extension cord to datalog LOL. Can you tell me if I have the right files to get started, and is there a preferred order to load in files and hook up the cable? Sorry for being such a Newb, but I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
John