Quote Originally Posted by Ironpossum View Post
Thanks for the response Dave.
Will the ostrich 2 control the trans or will the old pcm need to be made standalone like the ebl flash requires? Do you know if the ostrich comes pre-programmed with popular tuning files? Dynamic EFI has told me the ebl flash comes with 30 tunes to choose from depending on the build. I’m looking for the easiest path to success. I like the ebl, but want to be sure there is not something easier.
Yes, the Ostrich 2.0 will control both the engine and transmission. The Ostrich 2.0 is what's known as an Emulator. The Emulator actually replaces the chip in the '7427 computer. The Ostrich 2.0 does everything the chip does in '7427 computer. Basically the EBL and the Ostrich 2.0 have similar electronics for prom chip emulation and "Flash" upload / download. The EBL electronics are hard wired inside the computer, and Ostrich 2.0 is connected the '7427 with a Ribbon Cable.

Using the Ostrich 2.0 is like having your cake and eating it to. The Ostrich 2.0 uses the same TunerPro RT software that EBL does. The Ostrich 2.0 is Flash just like the EBL. The Ostrich 2.0 will allow you "Flash" the '7427 with changes to "BOTH" engine and transmission at the same time if you want!

The Ostrich 2.0 can also be an anti-theft device, unplug the Ostrich 2.0 and NOBODY can drive away with your ride. Plug the Ostrich 2.0 back in, and you will be driving like normal.

dave w