Thread: Moates or ebl flash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The '7427 can use a Wide Band O2 Sensor (WBO2) without an AutoProm. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g)-Spreadsheet

dave w

The response from Moates recommends an APU1 with the Ostrich 2 in order to data log. Based on the cabling in your pics, I would think that the ostrich would feed info to TunerPro where it could be logged. So I guess the question is do you also need equipment to datalog with the Ostrich2 or does it allow that function?

Thanks for the info on the wideband O2 sensor. That’s the next question I’m trying to answer. It’s almost like you’ve answered these same questions a hundred times!

The Ostrich 2.0 is basically a "flash" chip, it actually replaces the original chip.

TunerPro RT is a MULTI-FUNCTION program. One of the functions of TunerPro RT is it can "Flash" the Ostrich 2.0, AutoProm or EBL. TunerPro RT is also an EDITOR, which allows you to edit the "flash" to correct transmission shifting and correct engine performance. TunerPro RT is also used to Data Log. TunerPro RT is an AWESOME MULTII-FUNCTION program!!!!

You will need an ALDL Cable to data log. The ALDL connects to the Laptop and OBD1 diagnostic port. I like using this ALDL cable: http://www.aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd1u.asp

The Ostrich 2.0 and ALDL cable are two separate and independent pieces of tuning hardware.

dave w

Thanks Dave- You’re the best! Guess I’m about ready to get started. Going with the Aldl cable, Ostrich 2, G1 adapter and a download of TunerPro Rt. I’ll give a go on my stock engine to get familiar with the software. Going to take a few weeks- about to start 36 night shifts with little time off. It will free up some truck funds, just no time to work on it. Hopefully next time I post, I’ll be up and close to tuned!

Thanks for all the help. There’s so much out there to read it gets pretty confusing!