I’ve been looking into tuning for several months and have seen several different types of tuning hardware. I’m trying to determine what the best (easiest) choice would be for my application. 95 K1500 with 4l60e automatic trans. My PCM is a7427. Later this year I will be swapping a mild 383 in place of the stock engine and keeping the TBI. I know that it will need a tune - but which one? I’ve been emailing Dynamic EFI about the ebl flash setup. Bob is quick to respond with much helpful info, but the ebl flash won’t run the trans (he has provided instructions for using stock PCM).

I know a lot of guys on this forum use ebl flash, but I also see some Moates Apu1 users. Has anyone used both or can someone provide pros/cons of using either one? I can’t have the truck down for a long time trying to make it run correctly and can’t afford to change directions in the middle. If nothing changes, I’m going to order the ebl flash and install it on my stock engine and try to get trans working with it before pulling engine.

thanks for any insights you have!