Having some issues with this tune I am working on regarding the spark I believe.

I have got my BLM values pretty consistent across the board at 128 or slightly below (rich) and am pleased with them at this point.

It is my understanding that the other thing that needs to be changed with a cam swap (Summit Racing 1102 which is the generic Edelbrock 2102 grind) is the spark table as the valve opening and closing events have changed and thus the spark needs to be sooner/later than stock.

I am running the BJYK BIN with adjusted fueling and have the base spark table advanced 4 degrees across the board. However, I am still getting knock counts at the upper RPM/load ranges which is causing the ECU to retard about 8° of timing out at those ranges and the engine feels sluggish at those RPM.

I know the Edelbrock cam calls for no more than 32° of Advance by 3500 RPM so I am assuming this cam will be about that as it is essentially the exact same grind.

This is my thought. I had a distributor put into the truck a while back and I have a sneaking suspicion it was installed at 0° BTDC. I want to verify this, and then set the timing at 14° BTDC at the distributor.

Then I will datalog and see what happens to the knock retard.

Any suggestions as to a good base for the spark table? Should I just use the stock BJYK spark table for now?