Thread: Thread # 2, fuel line question

Thread # 2, fuel line question

The fuel lines out of the 95 Caprice are plastic. How reliable are these lines? What would be a better choice running from the tank to the fuel rails? Again, we're doing a swap, 95 LT1 into an 83 Camaro.

Fuel Injected!
    personally i like the plastic (nylon) lines, as long as you dont kink them or run them too close to exhaust, they are trouble free,don't rust or corrode,cheaper than metal and easier to work with.... i just replaced all my lines,tank, ect on my 77 el camino project. went with a modern tank,nylon lines and all new quick connects.....helps if you have the tool to press the ends on with..... dorman sells the line in a 25 foot roll(3/8 is #800-072), and the ends in two packs or five packs (3/8 quick connect to 3/8 nylon is #800-082), i ran both lines with the same roll, came out almost perfect they also sell ends that connect 5/16 quik connect to the 3/8 line (#800-084).
    Last edited by skandolis; 03-14-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skandolis View Post
    personally i like the plastic (nylon) lines, as long as you dont kink them or run them too close to exhaust, they are trouble free,don't rust or corrode,cheaper than metal and easier to work with.... i just replaced all my lines,tank, ect on my 77 el camino project. went with a modern tank,nylon lines and all new quick connects.....helps if you have the tool to press the ends on with..... dorman sells the line in a 25 foot roll(3/8 is #800-072), and the ends in two packs or five packs (3/8 quick connect to 3/8 nylon is #800-082), i ran both lines with the same roll, came out almost perfect they also sell ends that connect 5/16 quik connect to the 3/8 line (#800-084).
    You talk about the tool to press the ends on. What does it look like and where do you get it? I made a few connections by just heating up the barbed end and sliding the plastic line over it. When cool it seems to shrink down and seal, but I haven't put pressure to it yet.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strick View Post
    You talk about the tool to press the ends on. What does it look like and where do you get it? I made a few connections by just heating up the barbed end and sliding the plastic line over it. When cool it seems to shrink down and seal, but I haven't put pressure to it yet.
    20180315_082227[1].jpg

tool looks like this, it isnt really necessary though, just makes things way faster, alternatively, you can drop the line in boiling water, then push the end in while its still hot, boiling water works for making bends too, just wrap a spring around where you are making the bend to keep it from collapsing when you are bending it....