Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: other SD tuning options

Trying to follow best I can, and I want to pay attention as I may one day be running a 7727 with 8D.

I may be reading this wrong, or understanding it wrong, based on your problems. But with your desire to go back to a stock 8D, and talking about the diffrences in it and the s_aujp, can you ony use a s_aujp specific bin with the s_aujp XDF?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Well if it's not reading in the ADX I wonder what it's reading to the ECM? It could be telling the ECM it is always 19c... it would still bug me till I had it fixed.

So that leaves you going open loop at highway speeds and your thinking the O2 is cooling off? Where is it? Heated? What kinda temps where you live?

Oh and since you have a cool conversion you don't have to hide it around here as we are not specific to anything but efi... so!

LMAO something told me that you would want some pics so i went out and took a quick video and a few pics.

its bugging me for awhile now but this is my DD for another few months so i cant afford to have it down for longer than a saturday to diagnose more in depth.

im using the simulated NB output from my wideband controller. funny thing is, with the factory NB still connected it wouldnt fall out of closed loop. now with the sim NB it is but only at light loads and cruise rpm, 2600rpm. im thinking maybe i can narrow up the O2 ready qualifiers since the wideband is more accurate and faster. im thinking it may help.

as for the IAT, im lost unless i could find another adx/xdf to run the car with.

ill have the vid and some pics in a few min...

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Trying to follow best I can, and I want to pay attention as I may one day be running a 7727 with 8D.

I may be reading this wrong, or understanding it wrong, based on your problems. But with your desire to go back to a stock 8D, and talking about the diffrences in it and the s_aujp, can you ony use a s_aujp specific bin with the s_aujp XDF?
    from what i understand S_V4 uses its own xdf and bin. ive tried an ordinary 8D adx and it seemed to work. download the 1026 pack and check it out, you can see alot of differences in the xdf. HTH

Fuel Injected!
    first start with the 7730, IAC was in-op and wiring needed cleaned up. just testing before i started to loom and tuck

http://www.streetfire.net/video/7730...ng_2266521.htm

today, installed cam after the first vid so it sounds a little different.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/must...am_2381203.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    im using the simulated NB output from my wideband controller. funny thing is, with the factory NB still connected it wouldnt fall out of closed loop. now with the sim NB it is but only at light loads and cruise rpm, 2600rpm. im thinking maybe i can narrow up the O2 ready qualifiers since the wideband is more accurate and faster. im thinking it may help.

What WBO2 controller are you using? It has been experienced many times....simulated NB outputs are never quite right. Go back to factory NB input and go from there.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    from what i understand S_V4 uses its own xdf and bin. ive tried an ordinary 8D adx and it seemed to work. download the 1026 pack and check it out, you can see alot of differences in the xdf. HTH
    There's a lot of ALDL outputs the same, but a lot have been changed, so yes some will still work properly but others won't and you won't see the added changes unless you use the associated ADX.

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    What WBO2 controller are you using? It has been experienced many times....simulated NB outputs are never quite right. Go back to factory NB input and go from there.
    Yup!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    ive been using the factory sensor up until last weekend. over in my other thread on TGO i described what was going on. at 3400ish rpm and light load it would lean out, in the 15-16 range. the readings from the datalog showed normal. thats why i tried the simulated NB, problem went away but now this. i noticed there was less fluctuation in the O2 readings but i dont trust S_V4 after the glitch in the VE table causing it to go lean.

the WBO2 is the SLC PP2, BTW
    Last edited by 34blazer; 04-01-2012 at 04:40 AM.

It could very well be the ADX.

There was a build of Tuner Pro V5, that had issues when importing ADS to ADX, that seemed to only affect the MAT/IAT reading for some reason.

Check the conversion, and other settings.

You can also try to import an ADS with a later (or newest) build of TP RT.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It could very well be the ADX.

There was a build of Tuner Pro V5, that had issues when importing ADS to ADX, that seemed to only affect the MAT/IAT reading for some reason.

Check the conversion, and other settings.

You can also try to import an ADS with a later (or newest) build of TP RT.
    yup, thats what i did, you actually suggested that last fall lol

Cool thanks for the pics, haven't watched the videos yet!

Couple questions, MAP sensor where is it and where is it hooked up? Can't tell by the picture...

The heat sink, is that the EST? Kinda looks like it but never seen one mounted like that. Since this is a conversion to your Ford ignition have you ever checked actual spark timing at timing marks compared to what is in the bin file? Then reading the latency settings and even a stock chevy can be 11 degrees off!

Now back to IAT, which is where your MAT is? You really need to get some data from here! Then you need to find a bin with IAT and get those figures in your MAT paremeter in the bin. IAT is outside air coming in. The $8D is MAT which is measuring air inside a warmed intake manifold, TBI MAT is even worse because it's in a heated intake manifold and has evaporating gas and air coming through. The adjustments it makes to fueling is all based on temps. Temp on incoming air like where you have it is differant then in a dry MPFI intake which would be the TPI $8D has right? Which is differant then a wet intake temp. There was quite a thread about changing MAT to IAT on thirdgen I read once... since you don't even know what it's reading do we really know what it's telling the ECM what to do correctly?

Just curious of cam specs @.050 as well? Your having such an issue with closed loop is this a big cam? Have you ever tried to just tune it open loop by the wide band?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

IAT and MAT are interchangeable terms, besides that, the sensors themselves have the same resistance to temperature curves. They effect fueling the same way, though adjustments may be slightly different between different applications, they work the same way.

Send me your ADX and bin file, and I'll bench test it.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    the map sensor is located on the firewall on the passenger side of the engine, vacuum port facing down

the heat sink is for the ICM, the factory TFI was there before but i couldnt figure out how to use the hall effect and PIP with the gm ecm. so i got a Duraspark and removed the guts, made a bushing and put the magnetic pickup in the place of the hall effect switch. i had to mount the GM ICM with the heat sink facing out so the pins would fit up inside the dizzy. i reused the PIP spout connector for the EST bypass just to confuse some ford guys lol. i have pics of the conversion on my other computer but its still sitting in a box(just moved). im aware of the latency, ill get that figured out eventually. for now im just giving the engine what it wants.

the s_aujp already has the IAT modeled, uses 2 separate tables. so once i get it working its already covered.

as for the cam....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6250-E303/

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    IAT and MAT are interchangeable terms, besides that, the sensors themselves have the same resistance to temperature curves. They effect fueling the same way, though adjustments may be slightly different between different applications, they work the same way.

Send me your ADX and bin file, and I'll bench test it.
    Rog...10 min

Fuel Injected!
    tried PM but couldnt figure out how to attach. so here you go

thanks for your help everyone!
    Attached Files Attached Files

MAT is working fine on my test bench.

Have you tried testing for voltage changes at the ECM pin or at the MAT sensor?