Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: other SD tuning options

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    MAT is working fine on my test bench.

Have you tried testing for voltage changes at the ECM pin or at the MAT sensor?
    yup iirc it was 80* that day and the engine bay was still hot. cant remember the exact reading from the IAT but it was alot higher than 66*F lol

Here's the ohm readings for the sensor. As Six said the IAT, MAT is also same as CTS so testing the sensor will be the same.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...erature+Sensor

My point of IAT and MAT being differant was the values in bin file, 2 differant temps to compare, not that the sensors were differant.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Here's the ohm readings for the sensor. As Six said the IAT, MAT is also same as CTS so testing the sensor will be the same.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...erature+Sensor

My point of IAT and MAT being differant was the values in bin file, 2 differant temps to compare, not that the sensors were differant.
    i looked those values up and tested the sensor off the car then installed it and tested it again. it was within spec.

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    i looked those values up and tested the sensor off the car then installed it and tested it again. it was within spec.
    Well if your sensor tests correct and your wiring is correct... Six tested your ADX... so unless the ALDL output address is wrong in your bin file it would have to be a faulty ECM. Unless someone can see something we missed?

-= =-

I used his bin too.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Well if your sensor tests correct and your wiring is correct... Six tested your ADX... so unless the ALDL output address is wrong in your bin file it would have to be a faulty ECM. Unless someone can see something we missed?

i just went and bought another 7730 from the yard and its still stuck at 19*C. so next question is the wiring. the wiring diagrams i have show tan is at F16 and the ground is tied in with other sensors at B5. seem right? i looked at the V6 cars diagrams and the TPI F body cars and both match

That's what it looks like on the diagrams I am looking at F16 is MAT. B5 and B6 are both sensor grounds.

So do you have all the ECM grounds? Just one diagram I looked at from our 1227730 thread shows A12, D1, D6 and D7 as grounds. Every harness I have ever got from a GM donor and rewired for conversion had 2 big bolt hole grounds. They usually end up on front of intake and back of intake. There may be a ground plain purpose for this, I don't know but I always use what's there. One should really be fine...

Also are you being carful to look at letters and numbers on ECM plugs, sometimes you have to remove the comb that holds the wires in to see them. Many a people have looked at diagrams and got wire on inverted side of plug.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    That's what it looks like on the diagrams I am looking at F16 is MAT. B5 and B6 are both sensor grounds.

So do you have all the ECM grounds? Just one diagram I looked at from out 1227730 thread shows A12, D1, D6 and D7 as grounds. Every harness I have ever got from a GM donor and rewired for conversion had 2 big bolt hole grounds. They usually end up on front of intake and back of intake. There may be a ground plain purpose for this, I don't know but I always use what's there. One should really be fine...

Also are you being carful to look at letters and numbers on ECM plugs, sometimes you have to remove the comb that holds the wires in to see them. Many a people have looked at diagrams and got wire on inverted side of plug.
    well im going to go check again, i have a short memory lol. i remember checking and double checking and then checking again. will report back with results.

Fuel Injected!
    welp im an idiot, you all can start laughing now. i mixed up the +5V leads, TPS was at F16 and vice versa. sorry fellas, talk about stupid lol. fixing now will report in a few.

..it happens..
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

You wouldn't be the first, or probably last... should run way better! So you weren't getting a correct TPS voltage either? Wow should run way better!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    You wouldn't be the first, or probably last... should run way better! So you weren't getting a correct TPS voltage either? Wow should run way better!
    the TPS was fine, just on the wrong 5V source lol. but still, runs better now. hopefully it wont fall out of closed loop anymore either lol

....and now i have an ECM and 3rd connector for the blazer when i swap it to MPFI lol
    Last edited by 34blazer; 04-02-2012 at 02:49 AM.