Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: other SD tuning options

Fuel Injected!

other SD tuning options

as many of you know im using S_AUJP. im looking for other SD options that can log my WBO2. just went thru a few other 8D masks and adx but didnt see any with WB capabilities.

thanks

I haven't used S_AUJP but I have looked at the ADX for TunerPro and it has WB data logging values in it already.

My AutoProm has inputs for other sensors like WideBand I wire into it and just add a value for WB in TunerPro ADX file.

What are you trying to do?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yeah, I'm a bit confused, S_AUJP has WB datalogging built in. Pin F14 IIRC.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Wonder what F14 was to begin with? Maybe he's using it or was it just an extra input on that ECM?

The 16197427 like $0D stuff uses the linear EGR control wire but that won't work if you still have the EGR hooked up...

-= =-

The pin on the '7730/'7749 that is being used for the WBO2 datalogging in some docs indicates that is was for oil temp monitoring.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    sorry, i wasnt being too descriptive. some of you have seen my thread with all the problems ive been having on the TGO. im using S_AUJPV4 right now but would like to switch to something different. i like how its set up but i want to try another combo to see if some of those issues remain or go away. i had to copy most of the AXXD bin to get the IAC controls right, fixed the stalling issue. it seems its all sorts of different bins compiled into one. i just want something with a patch so i can log my WBO2 readings. AFAIK 8D is the only mask for SD. i was asking if there was something else out there so i can try it.

thanks

I didn't know you were having issues...

I don't think there's a better option then what you have?

Been reading along over there and you've got lots of guys with more $8D experience then I, so I've just been reading. You did mention it cooling off the O2 going open loop and I keep thinking back to earlier in that thread where Ronny had pointed out your O2 settings were overlapping and not supposed to. I wonder if you stop messing with all those O2 settings and swing points and went back to stock to start if that could be your issue?

Sometimes you just get to many things changed, one change did nothing but you leave it there and several changes later it comes back to haunt you... I've done it before and take my fueling and spark back to a stock bin and find issues gone?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I don't think there's a better option then what you have?

Been reading along over there and you've got lots of guys with more $8D experience then I, so I've just been reading. You did mention it cooling off the O2 going open loop and I keep thinking back to earlier in that thread where Ronny had pointed out your O2 settings were overlapping and not supposed to. I wonder if you stop messing with all those O2 settings and swing points and went back to stock to start if that could be your issue?

Sometimes you just get to many things changed, one change did nothing but you leave it there and several changes later it comes back to haunt you... I've done it before and take my fueling and spark back to a stock bin and find issues gone?
    stock would be fine but as far as the O2 sensor tables it was JP. none of my values intersect anywhere. the stock O2 tables go too lean under load so thats why i had to raise them. actually i had to change alot of things from stock just to get it to run right. i also wanted to try another combo just to make sure the IAT circuit is functioning since S_AUJP doesnt show anything. im going to try a simpler version of 8D today and only change the VE to match my current table. ill just watch my wideband without logging it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    i also wanted to try another combo just to make sure the IAT circuit is functioning since S_AUJP doesnt show anything.
    I don't quite get this. Are you saying you have IAT sensor hooked up and enabled in the .bin, but no gauge in the TP dash to make sure it is actually reading? That shouldn't be hard to fix.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    I don't quite get this. Are you saying you have IAT sensor hooked up and enabled in the .bin, but no gauge in the TP dash to make sure it is actually reading? That shouldn't be hard to fix.
    there is an output inthe adx for it but it doesnt readout anything other than 19*C. hasnt worked since day one. i tested the circuit and sensor and both checked out. so the only other thing could be bad circuit in the ecm or the software. ive also tried disabling the lookup table in the adx to see the raw value and that doesnt move either.

mark, i understand about going back to stock values and starting over. but S_V4 is so far modified that its probably more trouble to copy all the stock aujp values and return it to stock. thats why i want to start out with a stock xdf/adx/bin that has a patch for wideband. then test that to see if it will fall out of closed loop, if it does then theres something wrong with the wiring. if it doesnt then something is wrong with S_V4, like RBob stated on the TGO.

OK yeah JP was talking about the O2 points crossing... if that's not an issue then... well I don't know where to begin?

If it were me and I wasn't getting an IAT reading I would want to fix that first because it will effect all your fueling! Which could cause you to go open loop and seems that's the problem your chasing?

As far as a stock bin XDF and ADX with patch just to check WB, that is not as easy as it sounds. You have to modify each to make it work.

If you got a bad circut in the ECM then you need an ECM. Should be able to check everyone with the PDF available in sticky for error codes.

I'd never second guess RBob as he just knows to much about this stuff. But your not the only guy running S_AUJP so if everyone else is not having an issue maybe you do have a bad ECM or wiring issue.

Unless I missed something I would want to find out what is wrong with IAT first. And also is it IAT or MAT in AUJP? because the 2 temp readings are differant and will adjust fueling differant.

Bottom of the page, pick the PDF for your car and find IAT or MAT and how to diagnose it. Then if it's right we could look into why the ADX is not reading it.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-CEL-SES-Light

-= =-

I just looked at S_AUJP.ads imported as ADX and compared it to stock $8D and both are MAT. Both have same address and S_AUJP MAT value seems to be correct with it's own temp lookup table.

MAT IAT and CTS all read the same so warm you car up and hook up the CTS to MAT wires and see if you get a reading, you should. If not then the ADX is wrong or your ECM is bad or your wiring is wrong. Ask JP if MAT is known working in S_AUJP?

Now if you moved your MAT to incoming air in air filter and made it an IAT then it is telling the ECM wrong info. But it should still send a temp to ADX if ECM or wiring is not bad.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I just looked at S_AUJP.ads imported as ADX and compared it to stock $8D and both are MAT. Both have same address and S_AUJP MAT value seems to be correct with it's own temp lookup table.

MAT IAT and CTS all read the same so warm you car up and hook up the CTS to MAT wires and see if you get a reading, you should. If not then the ADX is wrong or your ECM is bad or your wiring is wrong. Ask JP if MAT is known working in S_AUJP?

Now if you moved your MAT to incoming air in air filter and made it an IAT then it is telling the ECM wrong info. But it should still send a temp to ADX if ECM or wiring is not bad.
    yes, it is an IAT. i first i used the factory ford IAT. same captured element found in common GM IATs. also did a comparison before i terminated the wiring, both had almost identical readings. it wont throw a CEL because its within the qualifers, just doesnt move from 65*F/19*Cish. i think the raw hex displayed 55 or something. since its custom wired and tucked i dont have enough slack in the wires to hook it to my CTS.

im 100% the wiring isnt goofed, i double checked and made sure it was at the right pin, also checked to make sure there was 5V, check. also rewired and switched to the gm IAT that i bought with the harness. checked the resistance at various temps and all were well within spec

since the IAT discrepancy hasnt tripped the qualifiers it remains in closed loop. open loop even uses the IAT for fuel trim and other things.

thanks

BTW, all this is on my mustang. swapped the 7730 and the harness in there if you were wondering why i was using a ford sensor lol
    Last edited by 34blazer; 04-01-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Well if it's not reading in the ADX I wonder what it's reading to the ECM? It could be telling the ECM it is always 19c... it would still bug me till I had it fixed.

So that leaves you going open loop at highway speeds and your thinking the O2 is cooling off? Where is it? Heated? What kinda temps where you live?

Oh and since you have a cool conversion you don't have to hide it around here as we are not specific to anything but efi... so!

-= =-