some comments in no particular order...

That's probably happening b/c trimalyzer is checking for updates.
trimalyzer doesn't link to network libraries of any kind, and doesn't check for updates. i planned to add an update check but it's still 'in beta' and i'm lazy

Are you referring to trimalyzer? I downloaded it but my laptops antivirus shut it down. Something about malware or a virus. I’m sure steveo would not have anything like that but unless I disable my firewall I can’t open it
your antivirus sucks. anyway it's open source and my code is very simple, someone could audit the source code and make sure there's nothing malicious in it.. yet another benefit of making free software open source.

Will trimalyzer work with maf system now or is it still speed density?
it does maf analysis but is not well tested and you do have to input the changes into the maf table manually. perhaps you could help, by trying it out and letting me know how it works? i've never tested it. i wrote trimalyzer during a time when all my vehicles had carbeurators -- i've never actually used the thing except for one brief tuning session on a friend's car.

On badz28 I found a tune for a setup like mine but it was an autocar, figured I could look through and check out what was done vs stock
i've looked at all of those bins and they are mostly complete and total garbage, i don't know who wrote them, but they are either barely tuned or poorly tuned. i'd disregard them entirely and start from scratch.

Steveo has a robo-tune function on his fbodytech.com site that can generate some useful compare bins as well. Just don't get too hung up on getting a "base tune".
that thing is for people that can't even manage to install tunerpro or open an xdf and bin file; this guy probably wont find it much use

Well I downloaded tunerpro and eehack. Ordered the parts to build a cable, and found some bin files stock and otherwise to check out.
every stock bin file known to exist in the wild is on my site: http://fbodytech.com/bin-files-2/bin-files/

All you have to do is tie ground and connect rx&tx? Heck why doesn’t everyone do that instead of $50-80 cables
because by the time you built a proper connector with spades so you aren't just jamming bare wires into your ALDL port, and a nice little case so you don't just have a circuit board dangling near your gas pedal leg, you've wasted more than 50 bucks worth of time and parts.

other than that, yeah, the little board works great, that's all i've used for years on all sorts of vehicles, LT1s and otherwise, i wrote eehack with it and tested the flash routine extensively with it. it's a good bet.

EEhack and Tunercat are 2 completely different programs that do different things. Tunercat lets you adjust parameters and EEhack lets you scan and log the operation. I think you meant Tunercat vs Tunerpro, which both work similar. You need one of them to do any actual tuning.
to be clear on the tools available and what/why/how much:

eehack - log, flash, free, open source
tunercat - tune, flash, 30 day demo then pay
winflash - flash, 30 day demo then pay
datamaster - log, obselete, pay
scan9495 - log, free
tunerpro - tune, free
tunerpro RT - tune, flash, $$$ (but works if you don't pay. but you should pay)
trimalyzer -

I did confuse Tunercat with Winflash earlier. It's been that long since I used either. I would not recommend Tunercat for editing your bin as it's definition file is somewhat outdated and missing a lot of parameters that are available with one of the many EEX files floating around here. Winflash is also unnecessary.
i have to play the devil's advocate for tunercat, here. tunercat has added quite a few parameters in the last few years such as o2 timing that robertisaar found. it has EVERY parameter necessary to make a successful tune. there is a lot of stuff in eex and the other variants that a new tuner need not concern himself with. tunercat is the bare essentials.

also mine has a hacky, free, crazy flashing routine, and it's totally possible that my software bricks ECMs more often than tunercat/winflash. perhaps you get what you pay for.

i know of 5 people that have bricked an ECM with eehack in a way that i find possible that it could have been caused by a bug in eehack. all other people that wrote to me complaining of bad flashes made statements like 'oh yeah my car battery was flat dead' or 'my laptop freezes out of nowhere', or 'i found teeth marks in my aldl cable'. i find this failure rate very reasonable considering eehack has been downloaded over 7,000 times since the flash routine was added.

tunercat probably has a similar failure rate, but guess what, if you brick an ecm the tunercat author will fix it if you send it to him, for a minimal charge. if you brick your ecm with eehack, all i can say is 'too bad so sad, get a soldering gun or go to the wreckers for another one'

i don't personally like tunercat just for the fact that finding parameters is just in a horribly cluttered menu instead of a properly sorted categorized list like EEX has, that is the number one reason i made EEX in the first place, but it's still viable software and well worth what he charges.

.. your choice

Would any wideband kit work for these tuners as far as logging? I was looking at the aem kit with bosch 4.9 sensor, it has a 5v serial output on it.
i used a FAST dual channel wideband while writing eehack, but also played with an AEM before i wrote it. i liked the AEM. no wideband is perfect with this thing, but with a few tweaks of eehack's 'trim' setting you can get it accurate within the operating range of 11:1 to 15:1 kind of thing, which is all you really need. the analog input linearity of this ecm is actually pretty awful. a wideband that lets you configure the analog output range is ideal, since you could output a fairly narrow range and gain more linearity (that's why the AEM was nice)