Thread: 1995 lt1 M6 tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    What you need is the adapter from the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-3-3...8AAOSwrklVMjIp

You can buy several and have spares. It is the best design from all usb to ttl and proved the most durable.
    Tie rx and tx lines and connect ground.

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    What you need is the adapter from the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-3-3...8AAOSwrklVMjIp

You can buy several and have spares. It is the best design from all usb to ttl and proved the most durable.
    Tie rx and tx lines and connect ground.

All you have to do is tie ground and connect rx&tx? Heck why doesn’t everyone do that instead of $50-80 cables

Fuel Injected!
    It all started in this thread. After testing different layouts and chip configuration, this one proved best.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ight=converter

Actually this board is intended for arduino applications. The price went down slowly over the years and the design improved.

Fuel Injected!
    The JY-MCU module with the resistor and diode that I mentioned was found inside a Red Devil River cable.

But yes, you can find the module and a 10' USB extension cable for $5 and wire the module under the dash running the cable out for your PC.

The red devil river cable was the one I had planned on using prior to this thread. They seemed to have good reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    All you have to do is tie ground and connect rx&tx? Heck why doesn’t everyone do that instead of $50-80 cables
    That was my entire point on the suggesting the DIY cable. Mine is more or less permanently affixed to the car because I have five or six of those FTDI USB boards.

Well I downloaded tunerpro and eehack. Ordered the parts to build a cable, and found some bin files stock and otherwise to check out. Engines not back in my car yet so not much I can do until go time. On badz28 I found a tune for a setup like mine but it was an autocar, figured I could look through and check out what was done vs stock

I feel your pain - mine is sitting on the engine stand tormenting me while my heads are three states away. "Go time" cannot come soon enough.

Steveo has a robo-tune function on his fbodytech.com site that can generate some useful compare bins as well. Just don't get too hung up on getting a "base tune". I think you'll find that your best base tune will be had using the tools in eehack to get your idle spark advance and individual cylinder trims as good as they can be working from your stock bin. Also, my advice as a fellow green-horn tuner is to not take anything you read anywhere as gospel.

The beauty of a manual car is that you don't have to spend a bunch of time trying to tell the PCM what you want it to do with the transmission. Slushboxes are great for drag racing and getting groceries. Drivers like to drive.

Are you referring to trimalyzer? I downloaded it but my laptops antivirus shut it down. Something about malware or a virus. I’m sure steveo would not have anything like that but unless I disable my firewall I can’t open it

That's probably happening b/c trimalyzer is checking for updates. You should be able to create a rule to allow it through your firewall, but I don't do windows support in my free time. The word "antivirus" makes me both cringe and roll my eyes.

Steveo's robo-tune stuff is on his website, here: http://fbodytech.com/bin-files-2/fre...uning-service/