Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a Holley TBI for $5........

Administrator
    Where the fuck are all the mods? Somebody needs to dust off the banhammer around here.
    All of the mods are volunteers with very full plates. I work 70 hrs/week while trying to take care of a house, family, projects,etcetera. We had 22" of snow dropped on us Tuesday so that day and the next were dedicated to cleaning 70+ vehicles in our fleet, two parking lots, the shop, and my house while managing to keep repairs going for the fleet vehicles. So I do not have the same amount of time to watch for spammers as the rest of the world has available to create them. I generally check in and delete/ban spammers twice a day because the onslaught is truly endless. But spammers may sneak through from time to time.

If you see a post like that again feel free to send a PM. There's a chance I'll catch it sooner that way.

Quote Originally Posted by C2500 View Post
    We need more pictures

Here you can see where I had to grind off the alignment posts on the bottom of the GM injector pod.

I had to slightly open up that hole which is marked with a sharpie.

Pointing to the hole that had to be enlarged with this screwdriver. Only slightly touched it with a dremel to make it line up.

Injector pod bolted down.

Laying out the center point for the IAC hole.

First hole drilled throuhg, this one is the hole that the pintle of the IAC engages.

Drilled and tapped to accept the IAC. Also put a chamfer around the IAC pintle hole just like the factory Rochester TBI units.

The TBI to carburetor intake manifold adapter plate will be clearanced where the sharpie line is. I will cut off the offending material with my plasma cutter.

Fuel Injected!
    Nice job Is the pod centered in the bore??

Thanks! Yeah it is. Those little posts I ground off were pointless. The 3 screws that hold the pod down center it by themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    Cool. Got any pics of your setup? I have been having fun stomping ass around town in my sleeper truck with the S475 6.0 build I finished not too long ago. This K5 I'm also working on I decided to keep it SBC and TBI. I considered doing another LS swap since that turned out so well but I decided to keep this truck a SBC with TBI for two reasons. One is that TBI is what I learned on. The other reason is that I really want to see just how far I can push a TBI system. It's fun for me becuase TBI was never intended to be a high performance application, and most people are pretty ignorant of what they can do.

Ditch the stock puny TBI cam, corked up exhaust, sort out the tune, and either port the 193 heads or swap heads and you have a really strong engine. Since there are forged flattops in this engine I built I would love to also boost this one!!! Found a Whipple supercharger on my local Craigslist but it got away!!!

Where the fuck are all the mods? Somebody needs to dust off the banhammer around here.
    i blew that engine up, and now have a slightly modified stocker with my own chip burn. building a new powerhouse for it soon with new tranny.
    and that supercharger woulda been sweet

How'd ya blow it up? Too much timing?

I'll try to post photos/vids if anyone is interested but I got that Holley TB bolted down and functioning with GM TPS, IAC and injectors. Seems like a great way to set it up. It really seems to have given this engine even more balls by putting that TB on there. Makes sense, with that sizeable cam, those heads, single plane, headers etc. etc. this engine WANTED & NEEDED more air. I know there is a badder TBI in the world somewhere, but this thing is the meanest TBI I have ever laid eyes on in person and heard.

The throttle response and idle curiously seem better just by switching to this larger TB. I'm going to get a FPR figured out next. Currently have a stock one on it's running about 10 PSI..... I'm super fucking rusty with tunerpro since I've been using HPTuners exclusively for the last year or so. I know I will need to adjust transient parameter once I get a different FPR on here and start upping the fuel pressure in order to feed it up top.

I'm interested in a small quality vid that i can play over my speakers while i watch. totally awesome that that is working out. i like. and im still not sure what happened to that engine. cam or valve failure. but i think a valve head snapped off and imploded the system.
    -two powdered pistons and two in pieces.
    -cam snapped into 5 or 6 pieces
    -i think four rods broke cant remember
    -1/8 inch crack in block.
    but it did let me go WOT to safety in its last moments. a heroic death

Will try to get a short vid up soon!

how about a pic of the underside of the holley where the fuel hose fittings on the gm pods come thru the holley?

Been away and very busy for a while but here is the picture of the underside all plumbed up