Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't tune and Drive! FastEddi look here!

Yea personally id really think the knock would be the best thing to have a alarm. Thats a great thing if they could somehow mod. the software. If you could toggle the alarms that would also be a nice option.As as you guys said if all the alarms were going off at one time it would be a mess, but also lets ya know LET OFF THE GAS!

And yes cars are such a $ pit. Tommorow im off to get a 2500 stall conv, I wounder how long the rest of the drivetrain will last??
    Last edited by fasteddi; 04-02-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    the only potential problem i see with an audible alarm would be if a lot of alarms are going off at once....

should TP use unique alarms for each item? if so, what happens when one alarm that supercedes another, does it cut off? does it overdub?

i admit, knock would be what i would be (very) interested in, everything else could be kind of annoying... well, maybe an excessively lean or rich condition going on would be good to know about as well, but those are the only big ones i would be using.
    It would force people to set up their ADX properly or turn off alarms! But in reality I guess Knock and lean would be the 2 key players. Next in line would be error codes. Some things just natually bump into the alarm threshold like if the box is checked for bitmask switches. So Having it the way it is but adding an audible alarm checkbox would be goal.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    that was crazy! any bets if the cruise was on?

Administrator
    If the cruise was on in that weather it would take stupid to a whole new low.