Thread: Don't tune and Drive! FastEddi look here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't tune and Drive! FastEddi look here!

OK so the guy probably wasn't tuning but this is how fast your lights can go out!

http://rmirror.net/r/videos/comments...accident_nsfl/

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    Son says "That car broke." I guess. There's a lot of foolishness here during the winter. As soon as that truck started dancing I wanted to throw it in nuetral. But you can see, if you know winter driving, the driver failed to let off the throttle. Other than being impressed with the driver of the cube van, there's not much that I want to see there again.

Son says "That car broke."
    that's cute, how old is he?

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20, I've seen a car hit slush just as he passed me and I was slowing down because the lane he was in was not clear... he swayed and overcorrected and slid right in front of me off the road. No one hurt but if I didn't slow down when I saw him passing he would have hit me too!

Moral of this story is PAY ATTENTION! This is how fast things can happen to end your life.

I don't want to admit how many times I have drifted lanes while tuning... and now have my routine of driving, parking lot, driving exit ramp, driving exit ramp, driving parking lot, driving and home. 20 minutes I have several logs, do my thing, rinse and repeat. But no more looking at laptop dashboards while driving and drifting into other lanes!

-= =-

Super Moderator
    if i'm looking at the laptop, it's because i'm either the passenger or stopped somewhere.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

See the results of doing that? Your still alive!

-= =-

That video was from Russia IIRC. The story goes that the tires on that vehicle weren't the greatest for driving in heat, let alone slush.

While I don't condone watching things other than the road and gauges while tuning, I have set-up certain dashes to make specific things easy to read, at a glance. The other thing that is nice, is the Tuner View II stuck ontop of my dash, unfortunately, the GM support is limited, and doesn't sound like it will ever be updated... I need to get my Arduino knowledge up and build my own.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    that was crazy! any bets if the cruise was on?

Administrator
    If the cruise was on in that weather it would take stupid to a whole new low.