Thread: Adjusting VE idle table

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I probably could say the same about myself in terms of my hands on tuning experience, so I welcome the experts to correct me or throw me a life preserver.

Those values used can be derived from a fuel injector calculator you can find on the web where you insert your current #/hr, current fuel pressure and new fuel pressure, then you click calculate which returns your new #/hr. With that said, I know somewhere in the venture you had bored out TB w 61#s, talks of running 28 psi spring, BBC throttle body with 45#/74#/80#, had 80#s for sale etc...whatever you are currently running, that bit of information needs to be in the bin. I don't know what dave w did for your starter bin, did he account for the larger displacement as well? All of this needs to be done prior to adjusting any of the VE tables.

I've neglected to mention that your PCM uses 2 VE tables, off idle and near idle (they may be called other things depends on what they are named in the XDF). Off idle as it name implies is anytime the throttle is opened and that's the VE table that you've been looking at in the other thread you started.

Anyhoo...the other VE table in which the throttle is closed and you're sitting at idle or decelerating, well these BLMs need to be dialed in as well. This is what I would do to dial in your closed idle is use emulation that your APU1 can provide (another learning curve). I'm not gonna get into the specifics of how to emulate. Important: make sure the bin is setup with the checksum disabled as the first change you make while emulating will send you into limp home. Bring up a dash that displays BLM and INT, incrementally adjust near idle VE table values until your BLMs are at 128. Move on to "no load" spark timing followed by off idle VE.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 03-12-2018 at 11:08 PM.