Thread: Adjusting VE idle table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Adjusting VE idle table

I’m looking to lean out my cold start how is that done..I cant seem to get what I’m looking for with the search function. Here’s what I have..B48B96C5-B89E-4C00-A6C0-BA93E3B7FD42.jpg
    Thanks

Mask, bin, etc that your working with would be good to include, at least mentioning it would be good...
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    It’s a chip from fast chips, Ill have to see if I can read it but will it tell me what bin its using?? I’m in the dark here so what ever you can help with will be great. Thanks

Im guessing $OE or $OD Bin
    Last edited by C2500; 03-09-2018 at 03:26 AM.

These are the parameters that helped me the most. I had trouble with rich cold starting. Also, when the engine was warm the truck would try to start too fast and cause a "start and stall" situation.

These parameters are from an $E6 bin. I think $0D and $0E are the same.
    Cranking Parameters.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dud; 03-09-2018 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Forgot Choke AFR.

Fuel Injected!
    So after getting the VE table acceptable how does that help cold start if there’s an adjustment sort of on these tables??

As a disclaimer, I have my engine running very well but I've only been doing this for about a year so don't take my word as the definitive answer.

There are many guys here that are a wealth of knowlege. So I welcome any of them to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. Just trying to give back a little.

Studying the "Parameter Comments" for TunerPro settings can be extremely helpful.

"Crank to Run AFR vs Temperature" is the initial richness the engine needs to get the engine started.

"Choke AFR vs Temperature" acts as a "choke" to keep the engine running on startup. Acts as a "choke" and "choke pull off" as per the "Parameter Comments".

"Crank BPW vs Temperture" ; I have "Injector Flow Rate" set at 81lb/hr instead of the stock 61lb/hr because of increased fuel pressure with the stock 5.7 injectors. Changing fuel pressure changes the injectors characteristics some what and I am ASSUMING that's where this comes in. Adjusting this along with "Crank to Run AFR vs Temperature" is the only way I stopped the warm engine stalling problem on startup. I don't know where you would start with this since your using the big block injectors.

"Choke AFR vs Temperature" is probably what you need to concentrate on the most until you get the Timing and VE tables sorted out.