Thread: Name This Website?

Name This Website?

We need a name for this website!

I'll give you a little information on how it started. First I just needed a place to put my EFI stuff and an easy way to link to it so when someone on another website asked a question I could just post a link to the answer whether it be a bin or a wiring diagram etc... worked good but a Friend of mine Dave W saw it and said that is what he needs too! So I installed a photogallerey and did some tweaking so it would work with not only pictures but documents, bin files, def files etc... Well word got out and I asked another couple of my Internet EFI Friends who alway seem to help me an others and it turned into a forum and photo gallery.

We have no intent of competing with anyone, it's just a place to put our stuff and help out when we can. If we can't help the bottom line is give a link to somewhere that can!

So we need a name! Right now it's just on my personal website and when we agree on a name I will move everything there. I do not consider this my website, this is our website, it's a community effort and will stay that way.

Vendors are all welcome to advertise their stuff here, there's no charge I hope if they advertise they will help a little to. All EFI vendors are welcome and we will be referring to them anyway if it's the right product that the person is looking for!

Some names that have been suggested are:
    1. Old SKool EFI
    2. DIY EFI
    3.Home Skool EFI

Pretty soon we will be letting the public know about it so here's your chance.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Re: Name This Website?

Tunes Crafters - new tune in about an hour :lol:

Tuning Depot

EFI Resources
    odd things the police have said to me; "you can't drive that on the road", "I like your cow", "I didn't think you would pull over so quick"

Noncarbed - ? no not enough 'gotcha', sounds like a diet website!

Silicon powered - ? wtf, sounds like somebody wired up fake tits!

Ratfink's grandson's - maybe, makes people think

I don't know, just throwing my two cents in! I do think it is very cool being in the ground level in this website, even though I don't know that much, but that is the point of being here, isn't it?
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Man you'd have to be old to remeber RatFink! :lol:

-= =-

Just everytime I sit down with the old timers at work on break and lunch! I was produced in the early 70's!
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Quote Originally Posted by mudbuggy
    I was produced in the early 70's!
    :lol:

Produced in the early seventies! That's funny... no it's not, I was produced in the early 60's... :shock:

Another thing we can think of in the name would be what we do here. It's like file sharing! Take one leave something... so we could be the Napster of EFI... no don't like that name but it's an idea!

-= =-

What about naptuning? Eh might get a lot of old people logging in then taking a nap.

How bout EFIsters? Hmm
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

60's. At least you have memories of riding in cool cars. All I remember are station wagons rear facing seats. When I asked Dad he said he didn't want to talk about it. So I'd ask mom. She told me she had him get rid of the vettes and by matching station wagons. Damn that's the first time I've thought about the 'rear gunner seat' for a long time
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger