Thread: idle speed in $0E

Fuel Injected!

Question idle speed in $0E

Hey guys, can any of yall tell me where i can set idle speed in $0E? using tunerpro v5 and Advanced $0E TP5 v250.xdf. My conversion to 7427 is running well, but nothing i do will drop the idle (park or drive) below 1250 rpm, IIRC with the old ecm(running $42) there was a desired idle rpm setting.....Its not a vacuum leak, idle was happy at 700 rpm with the old ecm.........i have played with the idle rpm vs temp table, and helped some, car drives well, but idle speed is driving me nuts......thank you, any help appreciated.
    Last edited by skandolis; 03-04-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Can you post your bin and a datalog? I'd like to see how many IAC steps are at idle etc. I use $0D but the masks are similar.

Fuel Injected!
    There is a good chance someting isn't right with the iac. Try warming up and the go through the iac reset procedure and leave the iac plug disconnected and start it up. If it is iac problem it should idle close to before the swap. Also there is two different ways for the iac to be wired. Is it possible that was not correct in the wiring conversion.
    Last edited by myburb; 03-04-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Fuel Injected!
    when i get to the house tonight i will upload it, seems like it was set at what seemed like a what seemed like a lot to me, like 143 steps or some such.....i may go to $0D, i used the $0E bin because it was already set up for the 454 tbi and a manual trans.......first startup was not happy with the $0D BIN....could get above idle at all......(turned out to be a map problem, for some reason pins a and c were swapped at the map..) i don't yet have a datalog, will try to grab one today, haven't ran the car very much, though it seems to be quite driveable before tuning
    Last edited by skandolis; 03-05-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    i will double check the iac, i am using a 454 tbi, but i believe i used the iac from a 350 tbi.....checked the wiring three times, but probably should do it again.... i would think that if it was wired wrong the 7747 would have had problems with it as well though. would the 454 bin make a difference here? i was aware of the wiring difference between the 454 iac and the rest, but thought that the difference was all wiring/hardware, not in the .bin.......
    Last edited by skandolis; 03-05-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    If you pull the $42 diagrams which I think you were using and the $OE diagrams you will see the differences. The b coilwires are displayed swapped and it would be easy to miss it when repinning harnesses. The 142 count would be enough to give 1200 idle and the counts at idle should be about 15-20. My wild guess would be the iac b coil is crossed and there fore not working and the 142 count was where it parked before you did the swap. A plus is when you get it all going the $OE handles idle so much better than the earlier systems. At this point I don't think going to $OD would fix your problem. Do you have a 350 or 454?

Fuel Injected!
    actually neither, sure im gonna catch shit for this, but it is a 305,comp 274h cam,vintage edelbrock single plane(strip master) and lt1 cast iron manifolds... 454 tbi was necessary because of cam choice, engine does not start making power until almost 3200 rpm,but pulls stronger the faster its pushed...... with the 350 tbi it was choking at higher rpms.

Fuel Injected!
    That sounds like fun. Good reason to do things out of the stock box. It should pull enough air to handle 7000 and with upped fuel pressure it should supply enough fuel for 400+ hp. Keep us up to date on how it goes.

Fuel Injected!
    i havent had much time to work on the car lately, i did double check the wiring again, matches $0E for a 95 c/k3500 according to alldata...... tried a new iac just for kicks... no change...i can run the pintle all the way out (diagnostic reset) and leave it unplugged, car idles nicely. plug it back in, second start up it idles right back up... no datalog as of yet, cant get tunerpro to connect. im blaming win 10, will try to put together a win7 machine this weekend. my old mt2500 brick talks to it just fine.....

Fuel Injected!
    Slight update, idle problem is solved! ended up being a loose connection at the pcm connector, replaced the end in the connector, idles great now. also have datalogging now, bad obd1 cable on my autoprom, for now i just wired in an obd2 connector next to the obd1 and am using the obd1.5 cable for my caprice, works well, though i am having some trouble emulating and datalogging at the same time, keep having to flip the outside switch back and forth to get connection to log...have always had that problem though on any car i have hooked it to.... and i have to take the dash back apart because i still am not getting a speed signal, thanks guys!