I haven't been able to get my OE ecu to work with my system and it seems to be a wiring issue with my OE harness somewhere. Can't for the life of me fine the short, etc so I bought a standalone ecm system for my vortec 5.7. It controls both ignition and fuel management but no option for trans control for my 4L80e. My trans shifts fine using the 7427 ecm but timing control and/or fuel delivery is off so I'm trying to see what I can do to get it to control my transmission as a stand alone option. From my understanding the trans requires VSS, CTS, TPS, and Tach signals to control the shifts. I have the splitter cables necessary to give both ecu's what they need (if this is correct and that's all the trans needs).

So I have three questions:
1. Are these signals really all the OE 7427 BNKM needs to control the trans? If not, what would I need to do to make it work (or is it even possible with this ecu)?
2. What, if anything, do I need to turn off in the OE ECU so the trans will shift without the OE ECU freaking out?
3. Does anyone know of any reasons (if this really is doable) that this would be a bad idea? IE, losing other things such as gauges, interior functions, etc (not sure what all goes thru the ecm wiring)

My truck is a 1995 GMC K2500 with a 5.7 Vortec from a 1997 GMC Yukon with TBI intake. 4L80e transmission w/ 4.10 gears. NOT push button 4wd, it has the manual engage 4wd shifter.

Also, out of curiosity, is the transmission control software in the OE 1995 ECU or on the memcal? While troubleshooting my system before getting the standalone engine controller I swapped out the OE ECU for a refurb ECU to see if the original one was the issue but I lost all shifting. I was thinking that the trans control was on the burned chip... Sorry, may be a stupid question but I'm new to chip burning.

Any help y'all could give me is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!