Thread: APU-1 Emulation Stutter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

APU-1 Emulation Stutter

Background:

16197427 BJYK $0D Mask
    350 TBI 4x4 Suburban 4L60E w/ Moates APU-1 in simultaneous emulation/datalog mode.

The engine is essentially stock with the exception of a Summit K1102 Camshaft. Currently running a stock tune and it runs OK. For those of you who have read my other posts, I am trying to tune this engine to get a feel for how to do so before spending money building my next engine and not understanding how to tune and damaging it. FULL DISCLOSURE: this engine has either a blown head gasket or cracked head. It has not affected performance much but it is something that could be skewing my results and causing me issues.

Running the bins attached with the APU-1 I have in emulation mode with any bins I have and I have issues at idle with huge dips in RPM/SA/BLM/etc.

Basically what I have tried to do is start with the stock bin and ensure that it emulates without issue for the truck with a stock L05. Running the unmodified BIN or any others I have tried still results with this issue so I am wondering if it is a communication issue between the laptop/apu-1 or the apu-1/ECU. It's almost like it loses connection for a second and then recovers. It seems to be a non-issue while cruising.

Attached are the logs. As I am new to this any help is appreciated. There are also two logs with the Stock Tune if it may help to compare them to the emulated BIN.
    Attached Files Attached Files