Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Opensource LS Flashing(It's Closer Than You Think)

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    but how long just for the calibration?

...how often do you really need to flash more than the calibration?
    That was just for a read, not a write. I've done 3 reads now on 2 different PCM's, and it has averaged 50 minutes for each read. Cal flashes were pretty quick though.
    1995 GMC K2500 SUBURBAN 2001 LB7 DURAMAX/ALLISON swap, mostly stock, tuned by me with EFILive

1999 Tahoe 2 door 2X4, 5.7l with 0411 swap, and marine intake

Fuel Injected!
    I have posts up in so many places these days that I often forget to update posts from time to time......

With that being said.... I've been developing a tool with Envyous Customs as an alternative to the Allpro (since it is no longer avaible).... and I wanted something that would also work with my Android app over Bluetooth.

And it needed to be fast......

https://youtu.be/ImU5L5yQLTQ
    Last edited by PeteS; 11-06-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Very cool. How many bytes are you writing in each block? Curious how you verify the write is correct? Thanks
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    How many bytes are you writing in each block?
    Ls Droid works with strings rather then bytes so packet size it a bit misleading here but my App is writing 2K blocks(4K characters).

Curious how you verify the write is correct? Thanks
    Do you mean on each block or at the end of the flash?

Each block uses a checksum that the PCM verifies when a block is written. If the checksum calculated by the flash kernel does not match the value sent by the app the kernel will reply with a 7F message indicating the checksum is incorrect. Each block also has a size value attached to it that the flash kernel checks to make sure the block is complete. If the block is not the correct size specified there is also a corresponding 7F message that will be sent back to the app by the flash kernel.

When the flash is complete the app also checks for a complete write at the end in 2 ways, first it checks the kernel to make sure the correct number of blocks have been written and then it reads the last 2 bytes of the PCM by address to make sure they are correct. If either check fails the app will alert the user and the flash kernel will continue running and allow you to start the flash over again with the same file or with another file if you'd rather write something else.

Fuel Injected!
    Really neat stuff, I've tuned a few LT1's over the years but the progress you all have made makes me wish I had a LT1 to play with :)

Back in the days of crapola I was happy to find a rom routine that would do 40h bytes at a time, load ram,write,read,verify,incw,continue. I was doing that in a vb shell, non car stuff and the files were in the 18k range and could finish in a few seconds. I really like what y'all are doing and I am enjoying the reading :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    I didn't forget this time......

In an upcoming update for Ls Droid I'll be releasing a segment swap utility to make it easier to build the ideal file rather then hunting down a file that matches the exact combination your running.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I didn't forget this time......

In an upcoming update for Ls Droid I'll be releasing a segment swap utility to make it easier to build the ideal file rather then hunting down a file that matches the exact combination your running.

this is great! news

Carb and Points!
    I have used ls droid and tunerpro to clone pcms, flash and delete vats, learning about the pe table and injector flow rates. Theres alot to it from what I am learning so far, a little overwhelming but neat stuff. Thanks to all involved in developing all of this!!!
    Last edited by CarlsLQ9SS; 11-16-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    has this been released yet Kind Sir

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

Not only has it been released, it works very nicely. I have already used it to clone a PCM but I wrote a new OS+CAL tonight to my lab rat P59 PCM for the very first time using my bench wiring harness. No problems. I have not put this P59 into a vehicle but every OBD II app that I have reads it perfectly. This was a 1 megabyte BIN from a 2004 Chevy SSR truck that is considered to be the "universal donor" BIN for P59 PCM's because it has pretty much every feature anybody would ever need.

I used a matching XDF for the SSR BIN inside of Tuner Pro RT to make all the changes needed - VATS, EGR, EVAP, Fuel Level Sensor, Air Injection, Catalyst System Efficiency . . . everything.

Rick
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 01-30-2020 at 05:27 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
    Hello,

Not only has it been released, it works very nicely. I have already used it to clone a PCM but I wrote a new OS+CAL tonight to my lab rat P59 PCM for the very first time using my bench wiring harness. No problems. I have not put this P59 into a vehicle but every OBD II app that I have reads it perfectly. This was a 1 megabyte BIN from a 2004 Chevy SSR truck that is considered to be the "universal donor" BIN for P59 PCM's because it has pretty much every feature anybody would ever need.

I used a matching XDF for the SSR BIN inside of Tuner Pro RT to make all the changes needed - VATS, EGR, EVAP, Fuel Level Sensor, Air Injection, Catalyst System Efficiency . . . everything.

Rick
    i was speaking about the ls droid video i saw with segment swapper but read on thread more and saw there is a delay due to tech diff. i was hoping this rolled out i do it now the same way u have stated .. i cant wait for xpro vt too be avail look up petes160plus youtube channel it shares teasers as i call them

Electronic Ignition!
    would you share 2004 ssr xdf and bin stock files or location

Fuel Injected!
    PCM Hammer Release 14 is out!

Improvements in this release:

- Reflashing is reliable with the new ObdX Pro devices.

- Reading and writing are significantly faster with AllPro devices, and slightly faster with ObdLink devices.

- And a few minor bug fixes.

To get the zip file, go here...
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/releases
    ...click "Assets" at the bottom of the release description, and click the zip file.

Extract the zip file to your hard drive, and have fun.

If you're not familiar with PCM Hammer, you might want to read this:
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/wiki