Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Opensource LS Flashing(It's Closer Than You Think)

Fuel Injected!
    How's this going? Haven't heard from you in a while, Pete!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    How's this going? Haven't heard from you in a while, Pete!
    Waiting for Antus to finish a kernel for the Pcm Hammer or at least release some variant of the flash kernel we used for development so people can use this for at least reading with and any remaining bugs could at least be sorted out.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm just gonna leave this here......

Screenshot_20180914-001111.jpg

Pete, I'm not going to lie, while I feel I know more about computers and electronics than the average joe I still have a lot to learn from people like you. What does that mean exactly? I know you post on LS1tech, I'm over there also.

I Appreciate everything you do, even though I don't understand 100% of it. I know you got some flak from at least one dude on tech. Haters gonna hate.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    Pete, I'm not going to lie, while I feel I know more about computers and electronics than the average joe I still have a lot to learn from people like you. What does that mean exactly? I know you post on LS1tech, I'm over there also.

I Appreciate everything you do, even though I don't understand 100% of it. I know you got some flak from at least one dude on tech. Haters gonna hate.
    Thanks, nice words like that go a long ways when doing things like this. I'm far from an expert with any of this but I'm doing what I can to make this happen and help others along the way when I can.

Fuel Injected!
    It's nice to see that you are progressing! I've been away for a while and didn't have time to participate, but I got some stuff cleared out of my way and I'd really like to take part in this and help.
    I had a lot of free time this week as I was curing a flu, so I took my OS12212156 xdf and updated it to 12587603 2004 vette OS. It should also work with 12592425 and 12585950 OS bins, which seem to share the same calibration.

BTW, with OBD2 xdfs coming, it would be nice to increase forum attachment size limit for xdf files, as this one already doesn't fit :)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidaV8 View Post
    It's nice to see that you are progressing! I've been away for a while and didn't have time to participate, but I got some stuff cleared out of my way and I'd really like to take part in this and help.
    I had a lot of free time this week as I was curing a flu, so I took my OS12212156 xdf and updated it to 12587603 2004 vette OS. It should also work with 12592425 and 12585950 OS bins, which seem to share the same calibration.

BTW, with OBD2 xdfs coming, it would be nice to increase forum attachment size limit for xdf files, as this one already doesn't fit :)
    Thank you for sharing the Xdf, it will be greatly appreciated by many I'm sure.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't have anything to update progress wise on the Pcm Hammer but I do have some updates on the Android app I've been working on for a while now.

I've been in contact with OBDLink and they have been kind enough to provide with with some commands not published in any of the literature they would normally provide developers since the commands are basically untested in the developed field..of course they have been tested internally and work fine they've just never had the limits pushed to see what they are capable of in a real world setting.

Well the commands are amazing, previous read time with my app was almost 30 minutes for a P01 and nearly an hour on the P59. I rewrote a good section of the app to work with the new command structure and I about fell over. The P01 is down to 12 minutes on the Pixel 2 and a hair over 13 minutes on an S6. The P59 is now just over 20 minutes for a complete readout, that's still a but long but it's a hell of a lot better then an hour like with the previous commands I had been using.

There is still a LOT of room for improvement on my end in the app itself, I'm loosing over 3 minutes on the block sum calculation's alone on the P01. That figure can be doubled on the P59 meaning once I get the speed of the sum's improved it's going to cut a considerable amount of time off this again. I'm aiming for read times on the P01 of under 10 minutes and less then 20 on the P59......but I've got some work to do still to get there.

And just so there's no confusion.....this is being done in 1x mode

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I don't have anything to update progress wise on the Pcm Hammer but I do have some updates on the Android app I've been working on for a while now.

I've been in contact with OBDLink and they have been kind enough to provide with with some commands not published in any of the literature they would normally provide developers since the commands are basically untested in the developed field..of course they have been tested internally and work fine they've just never had the limits pushed to see what they are capable of in a real world setting.

Well the commands are amazing, previous read time with my app was almost 30 minutes for a P01 and nearly an hour on the P59. I rewrote a good section of the app to work with the new command structure and I about fell over. The P01 is down to 12 minutes on the Pixel 2 and a hair over 13 minutes on an S6. The P59 is now just over 20 minutes for a complete readout, that's still a but long but it's a hell of a lot better then an hour like with the previous commands I had been using.

There is still a LOT of room for improvement on my end in the app itself, I'm loosing over 3 minutes on the block sum calculation's alone on the P01. That figure can be doubled on the P59 meaning once I get the speed of the sum's improved it's going to cut a considerable amount of time off this again. I'm aiming for read times on the P01 of under 10 minutes and less then 20 on the P59......but I've got some work to do still to get there.

And just so there's no confusion.....this is being done in 1x mode
    That's great! Are you using some kind of compression in transmission?

Fuel Injected!
    No compression, just a much faster baud rate then 115200. I don't recall how much faster but it was in the 900,000's range. It can't speed the pcm up but it does speed up how long it takes to send data from the device back to the Android App, this is one thing that the BT devices apparently can do much better then USB devices.

The new command set eliminates the need to use "Elm" header change commands or send send any type of command to the interface that isn't getting some type of data. It also has allowed me to skip past any type of adaptive or fixed timing, I'm able to specify how many responses the tool should wait for. While this may not seem like a large gain it eliminates a LOT of unnecessary commands being sent or time spent waiting before the tool closes the port and returns the data to the app.

Fuel Injected!
    It's taken a lot longer then I had hoped..... but better late then never.... so here ya go.

Screenshot_20181025-013543.jpg

It's currently read only so you'll need to wait a while longer to flash anything back to pcm; stability is the most important thing at this point as I begin working on the write code to flash a file back into a pcm.

Works with the Obdlink Lx/Mx Bluetooth devices and Android 6.0 and up. It may work on older version of Android but it has not been tested.

Works with the P01 and P59 pcm's and will save the complete binary file from the pcm in .bin format.

P01 takes 10-12 minutes to read and the P59 is 20-25 minutes.

Vin number works on both the P01 and P59 as well.

Serial number change only works on the P01 and not all OS's for these pcm's are currently supported.

This is 100% free...nothing to buy.....no adds...no strings attached.

Download links, instructions and related questions can be found here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...l#post19993353

Fuel Injected!
    Any plans for a laptop-based app?

Fuel Injected!
    sure.....was waiting for someone to ask

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHac.../tag/PcmHammer

Support thread can be found here....
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...0-working.html

Fuel Injected!
    So this Bin files can be used/supported with what Programs?

Fuel Injected!
    The bin file can be edited in Tuner Pro if you have an XDF for the OS number your working with. We are now working on the write side of the program that will allow flashing the altered file back into the pcm but we don't have an ETA how long it's going to take to add write to this.