Thread: Opensource LS Flashing(It's Closer Than You Think)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I agree with CDeez. This project has opened doors for me and many others that didn't exist before. I am super grateful for this work.
    Last edited by DavidBraley; 01-12-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I have sent out copies of my Android flash app to a hand full of people for testing but its been slow getting feedback. No one has broken a pcm yet that I'm aware of and every one testing has used it at least once for a full flash. While I'm pretty sure there should be no major issues I'm still being very cautious before publicly posting the app.

With that being said if any one would like a copy or the write side of my LS Droid app send me a PM or email and I'll get you a copy. Its only been tested on Android 6.0 and up but it may work on older versions. As for hardware it only works with the Obdlink Lx and Mx bluetooth devices. It supports 3 modes of flashing for the P01 and 3 modes on the P59. They are calibration data only, OS+Calibration or PCM cloning. Flashing only the calibration data takes around 3 minutes for either the P01 or P59. Changing an OS on the P01 is around 12 minutes and Cloning is around 15 minutes. The P59 times are not quite double what the P01 are for OS+Cal and cloning.

While it is unlikely that the app will have an issue this a possibility a flash may fail. That doesn't mean the PCM is really bricked it just means I'd need to work with the person 1 on 1 to sort out what happened and what needs to be done to make the pcm functional again.

Fuel Injected!
    SO we have ways to read and write a pcm now.....next we'd need to be able to make changes to the file.

Flashing was what has been missing all along, there have always been ways to make changes to the file there just wasn't a lot of coverage. Well many others have been working on things behind the scene gambling with their time if this was actually going to happen this time around. A long standing member on this forum dusted off his keyboard several months ago and has been working on expanding coverage for tuner pro and has created a bunch of new XDF's adding a great deal of coverage to what we can now tune for free.

To keep this thread on track for things flashing related here is the link to the newly developed XDF's
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...d-is-TunerPro)

It's people like LRT that we are going to relying on to expand tuning coverage so make sure you show him some appreciation for the work he's done.

We've still got a ways to go on the flashing software for PC and Android but I think the hardest parts are now behind us, for the first time ever people actually have a choice on how they want to flash a pcm and how much they want to sped doing it. With the Allpro firmware development Antus@Pcmhacking did last year; the cost to buy the hardware needed to flash a PCM is next to nothing. We went from no options to the cheapest computers out their to work with in less then a years time and I'm betting no one ever expected it to happen like this.

Fuel Injected!
    PCM Hammer Version 4 is ready for testing:
    https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/releases

The biggest improvement in this release is that the app will prevent you from writing if the operating system in the PCM doesn't match the operating system in the file you have selected.

If you run it while connected to the internet, it will check github for a new release. Ordinarily it will just say "Thank you for using PCM Hammer" when it starts up, but when we have a new release that will change to something like "Hey, we have a new release!"
    Last edited by NSFW; 01-18-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Version 5 is out:

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHac.../2019.02.09.01

A couple people reported that the app wasn't working with their AVT interfaces, and this release fixes those issues. Reads and writes with AVTs got a little faster, too.

Fuel Injected!
    I'll apologize in advance for a generic copy/paste here but I've got a lot of forums and groups to update still.

Ls Droid is now in open beta....
    Currently only read is enabled for the P01/P59, 98-05 V6(exact coverage unknown) and the 2001 -2004 LB7.

Once I'm confident there aren't any major hiccups I will enable ALL forms or write on the P01 and P59. V6 and Lb7 flash are still in the development stage.

This is the last version of the app you'll ever need. All future updates can be done from within the app. As the app is updated things may change that you don't like So I've decided to make avaible ALL previous versions of Ls Droid that are stable from this point on and can also be downloaded from with in the app.

For those that are feeling daring I've also included the P01/P59 Alpha Write version(Can be downloaded from with in the Beta app) This version was in testing for the last 4 months and only had a couple of users run into issues BUT I would strongly advise against using it on your daily driver as it does have some bugs.... and does not play nice with some vehicles. I am no longer offering support for this version of the app so if you run into trouble with it your going to be on your own.

Ls Droid is currently ONLY compatible with the Obdlink Lx, Mx and Mx+ Bluetooth devices. However a new tool will be supported in the near future that is more then 4x's faster then any of the Obdlink devices and also costs a bit less less :)

LsDroidBetaRelease.jpg

You can email me about any bugs or issues you run into.....
    feedback@ls-droid.com

Fuel Injected!
    Right on, Pete!