Thread: Opensource LS Flashing(It's Closer Than You Think)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    That is for more complex then it needs to be.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...7PIwC%252bY%3d

A VERY simple circuit is all that's needed and it can do both 1x and 4x

Datasheet....
    http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...Doc/39626e.pdf

And best of all it's still in production and comes in a DIP package.
    So you're changing ships and going to the PIC from the AVR that you're currently using? The above drawing is just the arduino board plus the simplified 1x/4x VPW level shifter circuit. As I said above, if you don't need the Arduino you just use the top part that includes the voltage regulation to the VPW 8V bus, and the 5V logic bus to power whatever microprocessor you want to use.

Also, not sure if you meant to link a different transceiver or if you thought there was one built into the PIC, but the part you linked is pretty much going to need all the same stuff in the above drawing, plus another interface to get from RS-232 to USB. The drawing above includes the USB interface, the complete microprocessor and all it's support components (which are substantially the same as what you need for the PIC) the power supply, and the VPW transceiver. No dongles/adaptors needed.

You could use the ATmega328p in DIP form factor too...and then continue using your arduino code instead of having to do a complete rewrite for the PIC. Still gonna need a USB interface, crystal and load capacitors, reset button, both voltage regulators, and the VPW interface, so I don't see how your link above helps you simplify anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Obdlink MX supports 3K packets

ObdLink Sx Suports a touch under 2K packets.

Adx files already exist for Elm protocols.

Did this last week just messing around to see what would happen......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMQU2gDfpOg

I'm so tempted to write the code into my current Android app just to see big blocks.....but I'm in the middle of a total rewrite on the app changing every thing to block mode and I really don't want to add it into a outdated version. The rewrite is a long ways from being done but I'm going for stability with the rewrite not just making it work in the fastest possible time.
    Ok, so block mode needs to support 4096bit blocks, I can make sure that happens.

I thought you were using the flash tool and ADX/XDF that Dimented24x7 wrote to work out of. His software and ADX files, IIRC, are written for the AVT-852 cable, and speak a totally different language to the ELM chips.

So, what hardware is your open source tool actually using?
    Last edited by Xnke; 02-28-2018 at 08:13 AM.