Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locking Open Loop Idle BLMs at 128?

Fuel Injected!
    I was talking about using Tools\Difference Tool in Tunerpro, not comparing line by line by hand. This will list the differences between the bins and show what is different that isn't mapped in the xdf.

To compare the straight code you would just open the bin with an hex editor. You'd likely find it completely pointless to do so though. What you're likely meaning is a decompiled version of the bin turned back into assembly language. The problem is that you'll not find that decompiled versions of every different bin file. Typically, there is one or 2 versions floating around that people have worked through and added comments to so they can understand what the code is doing.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for all the advice. For now my issues seems to be resolved by increasing the INT Delta required to change BLM. I went through the difference tool in tunerpro like you suggested and browsed through all the differences between my custom bin and the 454 auto bin I'm referencing. Honestly I don't see anything related to open loop idle that I haven't already copied directly to my bin and/or played around with to get where I want.

In the future, I'll probably start fresh with a 454 auto bin and go from there. For now this is working just fine for me, so I think I can put this thread to rest for now. Thanks again for the help!

Fuel Injected!
    You completely missed the point. You were looking for unknown differences, not mapped differences. If you find unknown differences, then the bin for an open loop idle application working right vs yours not working right could be due to the code in those unknown differences.

Electronic Ignition!
    I see what you mean about there being some items titled "item not defined" by my XDF that are likely the cause of my problem. I will definitely be starting over with a new open loop idle bin when I have the time. I'm just not in a rush now to do it since I seem to have resolved my issue or at least made it significantly better by tweaking one parameter rather than starting from scratch with a new bin. I've got a few other projects that are taking priority right now including pulling/rebuilding an engine out of a 1960 International. But I will get back to this one in time.

Thanks again for the info it was a big help.