Thread: New ole guy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    Thank u again Dave for informing me of the cable. Im in process of locating someone who can handle doing this. Ive heard of someone u send your prom to & they reprogram it according to what mods u have. Kno anything bout that?

Fuel Injected!
    I just want to clarify that we are talking gen II LT1 and not the ole school solid lifter LT1 but then again who would use that cam ina heavy vehicle, no?
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 02-19-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobo View Post
    Thank u again Dave for informing me of the cable. Im in process of locating someone who can handle doing this. Ive heard of someone u send your prom to & they reprogram it according to what mods u have. Kno anything bout that?
    There are members here that I've helped with a "Starter" Chip. There are some changes required to a Chip if the engine has been modified. I think the "Myth" has be busted that chip can be programmed that is plug-n-play ready "Tuned" with only the information about the modifications. The reality is, knowing the modifications will get a chip programmed that is closer to a "Tuned" chip than a stock chip. Is closer in the "Ball Park"? Is closer down on the playing field of the "Ball Park" or maybe closer like in the back of the parking lot of the "Ball Park"?

The best way to tune a chip is with data logs.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Hi guys, once again i thank u for ur imput. To fast, ur news is encouraging, lil info on this motor, 1987 350 i converted to roller with a 96 camaro cam. 447-205, 459-207, lsa. 117. Kemso 340lph pump, stiffer reg spring at 15lb. & is adjustable. Corrected iac. passage, spacer & velocity stack air cleaner. Im at 8° right now. To Dave, i fully agree with u & is somthing i definitely want to do. Goin out now to check bacis again. Ill let u kno if i get anywhere.

Electronic Ignition!
    I did find a leaky o-ring on an injector, maybe a loose lifter, i got thoes used, ill do a running adjustment this time & c if that helps. I also want to swap out the ign. Module again with known good ones to c if that makes a difference. Ill post after im done.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobo View Post
    I did find a leaky o-ring on an injector, maybe a loose lifter, i got thoes used, ill do a running adjustment this time & c if that helps. I also want to swap out the ign. Module again with known good ones to c if that makes a difference. Ill post after im done.
    Unless you know the full history of the van check your injectors for part numbers and make sure you actually have 350 injectors and not something else. Alot of guys run out into the junkyard grab a pair and do not know they were offered in about 10 different flow rates.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thankx for imput fast. Im (c) owner & kno motor was all stock (till i got my mitts on it.) I have 4 spares & r from 350s. All have a good conical spray pattern to me. It may take some time between post as my time allows me to work on project. I value any & all imput!

Electronic Ignition!
    Sorry for delayed post, been buzy with docs&hosp. but i did the running valve adjustment & gave it a blip after i was done & it responded.

Sorry for delayed post, been dealin with docs&hosp. but got running valve adjustment done & gave throttle a blip before i shut it off & it responded. Today i hope to remount the real valve cover, replug everything & c how it runs. I think the used roller lifters had a home at 1 turn & i had them set at 1/2 like the hp. guys suggest. Ill let results known soon.