Thread: Supercharger throttle body question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    There is no adjustment for vacuum pressure on any of the valves out there-but you can buy a "low vacuum" actuator from Magnusson that has had the internal spring tweaked.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm looking at the Mini Cooper bypass valve and wondering if u should run a vacuum line from behind the throttle body on intake to the diaphragm on the valve? It currently has a line from valve to diaphragm. I don't know how it's set up on the Mini but where I would put it it won't see vacuum. And looks to be closed at zero psi.

Fuel Injected!
    The bypass vacuum line goes between the inlet of the supercharger and the throttle body mounted to the inlet of the supercharger. It does not go downstream of the supercharger at all, not in the charge pipe, not in the intake manifold. Before the super, after the throttle body mounted upstream of the supercharger.

With the throttle on the inlet of the supercharger closed, you will have vacuum on that line when the throttles are closed, and the supercharger will bypass. As you open the throttles, the engine vacuum will be pulled through the intake manifold throttle, through the charge piping, and through the supercharger-which is still in bypass mode. As the throttle on the supercharger inlet opens up enough to drop the engine vacuum, it will close the bypass valve, at which point you will start building boost. On a drop-throttle event, vacuum will spike to maximum and pop the bypass valve open *very* reliably.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok got ya...wasn't thinking there would b vacuum there but didn't think about the vacuum created when closing precharger throttle, bet there's a bunch!! Lol ..... I think that should straighten me out on the mechanical side as far as I know. Thank you for all your help!!!! I'm VERY greatful you guys on here!!!!!